Para-Tech Delta Drogues
Multiple Sizes Available
The Para-Tech Delta Drogue is towed off of the stern primarily to help limit boat speed, reduce the angle of yaw and assist steering in strong following seas. Additional uses include:
Towing: When deployed off the stern of a vessel in-tow, a drogue can help to eliminate the "whiplash" effect and contribute to better control by the towing vessel.
Directional Stability: Towed off the windward quarter a speed-limiting drogue can help maintain directional stability while negotiating a dangerous harbor entrance.
Emergency Steering: Towed off the stern with a bridle the drogue can be used as an emergency steering device to yaw the boat if steering fails.
- Triangular "Delta" shape provides strong uniform flow separation at all leading edges
- Excellent shape retention
- Small mouth at the leading edge makes it extremely unlikely to turn inside out (a problem associated with large cones and small parachute drogues)
- The three ears of the Delta drogue increase the drogue's drag as speed increases
- Simple design and construction
- Made from strong 18-oz. coated fabric and webbing
- Includes: Large stainless swivel, storage bag and instructions
- Made in the USA