Sailology TackRite Simple Boom Brake
- The Sailology TackRite Boom Control Device is a simple boom brake
- This boom rappelling device uses different degrees of friction to slow down the boom swing when jibing
- Method reduces the slamming of the boom from side to side.
- This is done by allowing the boom to shift while being restricted by the amount of friction rigged into the TackRite rappeler
- Using the mid-span cleats rig 1/2" line from one side to the other and determine the desired amount of drag within the TackRite rappeler
- A block can be added to one of the cleats allowing rappeler line to lead back to a cockpit location for additional control.
- Note: This is a boom brake only
- Requires 1/2" line and attachment method to boom (Sold Separately)
- Working Load: 8500 lb
Samson XLS Yacht Braid
Item #: 002520
Barton 35 mm Small Snatch Block
Item #: 600715