Multiple Models Available
This is a Special Buy item.
Please feel free to contact us if you need more information about an item prior to your purchase: firstname.lastname@example.org
This product ships ground only
Original Formula Containing Irgarol!
Pettit Trinidad SR is the longest lasting, strongest antifouling paint available today the standard by which all other bottom paints are measured.
- High copper load (60%) combined with slime-resistant Irgarol provides unprecedented resistance to all fouling
- Hard, durable finish for long lasting performance
- Excellent adhesion to fiberglass, wood and steel hulls
- Twice voted "Gear of the Year" by Practical Sailor
- Left in the water, Trinidad SR will provide years of dependable service
Important Application Notes:
Trinidad SR is heavily loaded with cuprous oxide. As a result of this there is a tendency for settling to occur, especially if the paint has been on the shelf for several months. It is necessary to thoroughly mix the paint before using. If possible shake the can of paint on a mechanical paint shaker.
Before using check the sides and bottom of the can to make sure all the pigment has been mixed in. If mixing is going to be done with a wooden paddle or an electric drill mixer, pour off half of the liquid from the top of the can into another can and then properly mix in any settled pigment; then remix the two parts together thoroughly. Adhere to all application instructions, precautions, conditions and limitations to obtain optimum performance.
Refer to individual labels and tech sheets for detailed instructions when using associated products, etc. Do not thin Trinidad more than 10 percent (12 ounces per gallon) or inadequate paint film thickness will occur and premature erosion of the finish will be likely.
- Finish: Flat
- Solids by weight: 84%
- Coverage: 400 ft2/gal.
- VOC: 330 grams/liter (max)
- Biocide: Cuprous Oxide...60%, Irgarol...2%
- Flash point: 98° F (SETA)
- Application method: Brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Maximum roller thickness: 3/8"
- Number of coats: 1 Minimum per season with additional coats for extended service
- Wet film thickness: 3.5 mils
- Dry film thickness: 2 mils
- Application temperature: 40° F Min / 90° F Max
- Thinner: 120 Brushing thinner, 121 spraying thinner
- Dry time: Minimum time in hours
- 90° - 1/4 to touch, 3 to recoat, 8 to launch
- 70° - 1/2 to touch, 6 to recoat, 16 to launch
- 50° - 1 to touch, 12 to recoat, 24 to launch
Item #: 757073THIQUA
Item #: 750339
Item #: 751679