Weems & Plath CrewWatcher Bluetooth MOB Alarm System
Multiple Models Available
CrewWatcher® is an app-based, crew overboard alarm system that can vastly improve rescue efforts when a person or pet goes overboard. The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a small beacon and a FREE smartphone application. The beacon can be comfortably worn by each crew member and/or pet. It features a universal mounting hole and has a collar mount for your pet.
The CrewWatcher beacon activation is very simple and does not require manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event. Should a crew member or pet go overboard, an alarm will sound and the app will automatically provide latitude/longitude coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer back to the event location using the virtual MOB compass.
The CrewWatcher is also perfect for monitoring a dinghy while it’s being towed, or when the vessel is at anchor with the dinghy attached. If the dinghy goes out of range, the alarm will activate as soon as the beacon signal is lost. In addition, CrewWatcher can be used as a wireless bilge monitor. Beacon batteries are rated to last at least three years and up to nine years depending upon hull material, according to Weems & Plath. App shows beacon battery percentage.
- FREE, easy to use App operates on most smartphones or tablets*
- Activates with water immersion OR separation from vessel
- Up to a 200 meter line of sight range
- The App polls the beacon every second expecting a response. If it does not receive a response within 5 seconds, or if its water sensors are activated, the alarm will sound
- 30x faster response than Personal AIS Beacon
- No cell service required - uses Bluetooth 4.0
- CrewWatcher beacons transmit at the maximum power that is allowed by the FCC for Bluetooth devices
- The Bluetooth connection relies on clear line of site between the beacon and smartphone
- Range is up to 200 meters
- Power and range settings are controlled from the free App
- One phone or tablet monitors the status of up to (5) Beacons
- Perfect for monitoring:
- Crew members
- Towed dinghy
- Bilge level
- The beacon features a universal mounting hole and has a collar mount for your pet
- Under normal use the batteries should last at least three years
- Capable of automatically updating new features on both the App & the Beacon
- WINNER, 2017 Sail Magazine Innovation Award
- WINNER, 2017 DAME Design Award
* Note: This product is recommended for use with iPhone 5 and later, Samsung Galaxy S6 and later, Sony Z2 and later.
Item #: 552576
Item #: 552567
Item #: 552503