Digital Yacht NMEA 2000 Starter Kit
- (1) Smart 4-Way T-Piece "Backbone"
- (1) 1 meter (39 inch) Power Cable with in-line fuse
- (1) 1 meter (39 inch) "Drop Cable"
- (2) Removable network terminators
NMEA 2000 has now become the de-facto communication standard throughout the marine electronics industry for the interconnection of devices. It uses a simple backbone (sometimes called "trunk") structure with T-Pieces. A drop cable is used to connect one device to the backbone at each "T". The more devices you want to connect to the backbone, the more T's and drop cables you will use. The backbone requires a terminator at each end and it also requires power.
The Digital Yacht ZDIGN2KIT NMEA 2000 Starter Kit allows for up to (3) devices to interconnect (example: AIS, plotter and autopilot) and comes complete with terminators and a power cable. The kit uses high quality, nickel plated metal, "Micro C" connectors. The backbone is formed from a unique 6-way extension block with ports at each end that accommodate the terminators or backbone extension cables. This allows for a compact installation that is ideal for behind the helm. It's suitable for DIY installers as well as boat builders who want an expandable, easy, value priced solution for integrating and installing modern boat electronics.
- Application: Connecting NMEA 2000 capable electronic devices to enable the sharing of data
- Note: Not all devices are NMEA 2000 compatible - check to verify your devices are compatible
- Due to proprietary cables and connections with certain manufacturers, adapter cables may be required (check with the device manufacturer)
- Allows three devices to be connected
- Uses standard "Micro C" connectors for "Ts", drop cables, and backbone cables (purchased separately)
- Extend backbone length to accommodate addition "Ts" and/or reach devices located beyond the maximum drop cable length
- Waterproof, nickel plated metal connectors are used throughout for maximum reliability
- Easy plug n play installation