Pettit Z-Spar Flagship High Build Varnish 2015
This product ships ground only
Pettit's Z-Spar Flagship High Build Varnish consists of a special blend of resins and oils that provide excellent performance and a warm, light amber hue. Flagship Varnish contains an ultraviolet light filter in conjunction with a light stabilizer to screen the sun's damaging rays for longer life.
- Traditional warm, amber hue with outstanding gloss retention
- Contains an ultraviolet light filter and light stabilizer to screen the sun's damaging rays for longer life
- Blends phenolic and alkyd resins with tung and linseed oils to increase performance
- Contains the highest build and film depth per coat, as well as excellent abrasion resistance and a high gloss finish
- Select container size
- Resin: Alkyd/ Phenolic
- Oil: Linseed/Tung
- Oil length: 20 gals.
- UV Absorbers: Present
- Solids (theoretical):
- By weight: 55 ± 1%
- By volume: 48 ± 1%
- Coverage: 450 sq. ft/gal.
- VOC: 420 g/l (3.5 lbs/gal) as supplied
- Flash point: 108° F
- Method: Brush or spray
- Number of coats:
- Bare wood: 4 minimum
- Existing varnish: 2 minimum
- Dry film thickness per coat: 1.5 mils (3.0 wet mils)
- Application temp: 45° F. Min. / 90°F. Max.
- Dry time (in hours):
- 90°: 1-3 set-to-touch, 4-6 tack free, 8-12 dry hard
- 70°: 2-4 set-to-touch, 6-8 tack free, 16-20 dry hard
- 50°: 4-8 set-to-touch, 12-16 tack free, 24-48 dry hard