Dutchman Boom Brake for 42-65' Boat
Note: This item will ship when available.
Dutchman's Boom Brake allows the boom to be controlled easily from the cockpit and helps prevent accidental jibes or dissipate the shock load should a jibe occur.
- Beautifully made, clean design that is easy to adjust
- Line that runs through the brake is secured on deck to a point at or close to the aft lower chainplates ( Line is Sold Separately)
- The BB250, BB500 and BB750 models are used with rigid vangs or soft vangs which have (2) Attachment Points on the Boom
- To install, you will need (a) cordage (Sold Separately) to run through the brake (b) a turning block (Sold Separately) at or near the chainplates and (c) a way to tension the line at the cockpit such as a spare winch or a block and tackle (Sold Separately)
- Vang style: Rigid
- Boat length: 42-66 Feet
- Maximum mainsail are: 750 Sq Ft
- Safe working load: 4,100 lbs
Note: Specifications are for conventional, moderate displacement monohulls, and provide a rough indication of which Brake to use. Heavy displacement or offshore-intended sailboats should move up to the next larger Brake if near the maximum sail area