C.S. Johnson Split Backstay Cars - 1/4" - Sheave and Becket
Status: Call to confirm
- C.S. Johnson 39-203 Split Backstay Car
- This Split backstay adjuster reduces the point loading on your backstay and replaces separate blocks
- Tandem sheaves eliminate severe flexing of the backstay
- A neat, thoroughly functional fitting
- Maximum Wire Size: 1/4"
- Material: Stainless Steel with Delrin Sheaves
- Downhaul Fitting: Sheave and Becket
- Boat Size: Up to 40 Feet
- Adjusting Car Replaces Separate Blocks and a Connecting Member
- Made of Stainless Steel
- For Maximum Car Release, use a 1.5 :1 Ratio between Backstay Base Width and Car Height
- Example: If backstay width is 5 feet, the car height should not exceed 7-1/2 feet to 8 feet in height off deck
- Higher ratios may require manual release with aid of boat hook, etc.
The Image below is an example of a common backstay setup