C.S. Johnson Split Backstay Cars - 3/16" - Sheave and Becket
Status: In Stock
- C.S. Johnson 38-203 Split Backstay Cars
- This adjusting car replaces separate blocks and a connecting member
- Tandem sheaves eliminate severe flexing of the backstay
- A neat, thoroughly functional fitting
- Maximum Wire Size: 3/16"
- Material: Stainless Steel with Delrin Sheaves
- Downhaul Fitting: Sheave and Becket
- Boat Size: Up to 30 Feet
- Adjusting Car Replaces Separate Blocks and a Connecting Member
- Split Backstay adjuster reduces the point loading on your backstay and replaces separate blocks
- Made of Stainless Steel
- For Maximum Car Release, use a 1.5 :1 Ratio between Backstay Base Width and Car Height
- Example: If backstay width is 5 feet, the car height should not exceed 7-1/2 feet to 8 feet in height off deck
- Higher ratios may require manual release with aid of boat hook, etc.
The Image below is an example of a common backstay setup.