B&G WS310 Wired Wind Sensor
In the Box:
- WS310 Wired Wind Sensor
- 65-foot (20 m) Mast cable
- Network interface (converts serial to NMEA 2000)
- NMEA 2000® cable for backbone extension or drop cable 6-ft (1.82 m) to connect an additional network device
- Micro-C T joiner
The WS310 wired wind sensor is a precision wired wind sensor from B&G, designed for cruising and club racing sailors. Get exceptional data accuracy and improved aerodynamics in an easy-to-install sensor pack suitable for a wide variety of sailboats.
Providing accurate, reliable wind data in all conditions at all points of sail and heel, the WS310 has been benchmarked against multiple different sensors in more than 500 individual wind tunnel tests. Pack includes 65-foot (20M) cable and WS310 Interface.
As the most exposed sensor on a boat, the wind sensor – critical for instruments and autopilot steering – must meet exceptionally high standards of performance and durability. In addition to B&G's extreme testing program, the WS310 sensors have been subject to combined field tests of more than 200,000 hours.
The WS310 wind sensor is the perfect solution for any sailor looking to get accurate and fast wind data to their instruments from a wired wind sensor.
- High accuracy* for the best instrument and autopilot performance
- Angle accuracy < 1 degree *
- Speed accuracy <0.2kt or 5% *
- High performance aerodynamic design is the result of more than 500 individual wind tunnel tests
- Wide compatibility – direct NMEA 0183 output or connect via interface to a NMEA 2000® network
* <1 degree angle accuracy, <0.2kt or 5% wind speed error across working range.
- Weight: 0.30 kg (0.66 lbs)
- Cable length: 20 meters (66 ft)
- Waterproof: IPx6 & IPx7
- Operating temperature: -25° C to 65° C
- Power usage: 15 mA at 12 Volt DC
- Wind speed resolution: 0.05 m/sec (0.1 Knots)
- Wind speed accuracy: <10% at <2Kts, <=4% from 2Kts to 80Kts
- Wind speed range: <= 51.4 m/sec (100 Knots)
- Wind angle resolution: 0.1°
- Wind angle accuracy: +/- 0.5°
- Data output: NMEA 0183 MTW' sentence at 20Hz