Raymarine Magnum Color Radar Pedestal with Open Array
Pedestal Package Includes:
- Raymarine Magnum 4kW Pedestal
- Mounting template
- Denso paste
- Lifting sling
- 4 Mounting studs
- Mounting hardware
- Cable tightening tool
- Radar-to-'RayNet & power' cable (15 m)
- VCM100 Voltage Converter Module
- VCM100 mounting hardware
Open Array Package Includes:
- 1 Antenna (4 foot)
- 4 Threaded alignment guides
- Mounting hardware
This Raymarine Magnum 4kW Pedestal is paired with a Raymarine Magnum High Performance 4 foot open radar array for a complete radar system
Raymarine Magnum 4kW Pedestal is compatible with either a four-foot or six-foot antenna array option. It offers a maximum range up to 72nm. The perfect companion to Raymarine's award-winning Axiom® and Axiom Pro multifunction navigation displays (MFD) running LightHouse 3. Magnum is also backward compatible with legacy models including: LightHouse 2-based a, c, e, eS and gS-Series MFDs, C-Series Widescreen and E-Series Widescreen MFDs, E-Series Classic, and G-Series Multifunction Displays. Note: Not all Magnum features are available on all legacy MFDs.
Superior Bird Mode: Building upon their already exceptional bird identification technology, Raymarine has further advanced Magnum's Bird Mode feature to target birds with greater clarity up to 10 nautical miles. Locating flocks of birds with Magnum helps anglers find schooling baitfish faster and with less fuel consumption.
Enhanced Radar Imaging: Magnum radar also features Raymarine beam sharpening technology, delivering better than 1-degree bearing resolution for more detailed target separation, map-like coastal detail, and superior long-range performance.
Best-in-Class Target Tracking: Magnum delivers better situational awareness with fully automatic MARPA target acquisition and tracking. Magnum also makes use of Raymarine's Evolution 9-axis heading sensor technology to deliver real-time, accurate target plots.
True Trails: This feature allows you to see a historical "wake" behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the movement of other vessels and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
Real Time Heading Updates: Connect Magnum with Axiom and LightHouse 3 and experience uninterrupted radar target imagery when making course changes. This feature allows the radar position display to rotate freely as-needed, without the need to refresh the entire display.
Includes VCM100 - Radar Voltage Converter Module: For Digital Open Array radar scanners, the power connections on the power and data digital cable MUST be connected to the VCM100 Voltage Converter Module. All power connections between the VCM100 and its power source must be protected by a thermal circuit breaker or fuse, fitted close to the power connection. The connection from the output of the VCM100 to the digital radar does not require a fuse or circuit breaker. If you do not have a thermal circuit breaker or fuse in your power circuit (fitted to the DC distribution panel, for example), you MUST fit an in-line breaker or fuse to the positive wire of the power cable *
- The digital radar system is intended for use on ships' DC power systems operating from 12 to 24 Volts DC
- All power connections must be made via the VCM100 Voltage Converter Module
- Only one radar scanner may be connected per VCM100 unit. Each radar scanner in your system requires a dedicated VCM100 unit
- Do NOT cut and splice any part of the power and data digital cable
- A range of cable lengths and cable extensions is available for longer cable runs
* VCM100 with Emergency Stop Connection - The VCM's emergency stop feature is designed such that when the connected switch forms a closed circuit, the VCM's 48 VDC power supply will switch OFF (effectively shutting down the open array pedestal). In contrast, the switch located on the back side of the pedestal is simply intended to enable/disable rotation of and transmission via the open array. It is generally recommended that a breaker or switch be installed and dedicated to supplying power to the VCM and that it be switched OFF (after placing in standby and turning OFF) when not needed for extended periods.
- Range performance up to 72 nm (dependent on installation location)
- Narrow horizontal beam widths for enhanced target separation
- "Bird mode" for bird detection up to 12 nm
- Weather detection
- Radar image display and control via Raymarine multifunction display
- Real-time heading display (requires position-data source in system)
- Relative-motion "true trails" (requires position-data source in system)
- Automatic MARPA for target tracking and collision avoidance
- 48 RPM scanner rotation
- Data connection via RayNet cable
- 12 V or 24 V operation (with supplied VCM100 power converter)
- Waterproof to IPX 6.
- Voltage 10.8 to 32 volts DC (using supplied VCM100) for 12V, 24V DC Systems
- Power Consumption (typical)
- (Transmit) <70W
- (Standby) <30W
- (Sleep) <1.2W
- Weight (pedestal and antenna): 57.3 lbs (26kg)
- Antenna Size: 4 feet, 4 inches (1.31 meters)
- Maximum Range: 72 NM
- Beam Width Horizontal (Nominal): 1.85°
- Effective Horizontal Beam Width (After Antenna Boost Beam Reduction): Less than 1°
- Beam Width Vertical -3dB: 25°
- Antenna Side Lobes (Inside 10°): < -21dB
- Antenna Side Lobes (Outside 10°): < -30dB
- Rotation Rate: 24 rpm / 48 rpm (Automatic high-speed mode improves tracking of fast moving contacts at ranges of 3 miles or less. MFD dependent.)
- Receiver Bandwidth: Matched digital filter for each pulse length
- Pulse Length/PRF Settings: 8
- Number of Displayed Video Levels: 256 (8-bit)
- Waterproofing Standard IPX6
- Scanner Cable Length 15m standard (5m, 10m and 25m optional - sold separately)
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers impose an extra handling fee of $14.25, that will be added to your shipping charges if it applies.