Wave WiFi Multisource Failover Router
Multiple Models Available
Wave WiFi Products offer outstanding performance because of the proprietary firmware technology embedded in each unit. The Web based firmware permits the user to scan for access points (Hotspots) and provides a detailed diagnostic of the quality of each hotspot. The GUI (pronounced "gooey") or Graphical User Interface allows the user to see the signal strength and quality in real time of any connected hotspot.
- Internal Access Point
- Bandwidth Capping
- Data Usage Stats (Up & Down) by source / port
- Settings change accountability by IP or by MAC Address
- Source and ISP connection stats at a glance
- The Wave WiFi WiMBR 500 has an internal access point and is a Multi-Source Failover Router*
- This means that it can manage multiple sources at a time as well as produce the wireless signal to distribute the data to wireless devices
- The MBR 500 will give you the ability to manage these sources from one easy to access browser based page
- From this page you can manage any additional Wave WiFi devices such as access points and receivers, as well as third party satellite, or cell devices
- The Wave WiFi MBR 550 will give you the ability to travel with cell functionality built in
- The 550 comes with a SIM slot for SIM activated Cell Data (SIM Card Not Included), and has all the other great features of the MBR 500
- Both models are also capable of supporting Guest Networks
- This means that any devices connected to the Guest Network will not have access to the MBR 500 or 550s manage page
- They will only be able to use the data provided by the MBR router and not be able to manipulate it
For further details see Product Brochure
For further details see The Quick Start Guide
* Wireless failover is an automated function in telephone networks and computer networks where a standard hardwired connection is switched to a redundant wireless connection upon failure or irregular closure of a default hardwired connection or component in the network such as a router, server, or computer.
** Actual distance may be affected by the strength and quality of the Hotspot signal, as well as having a clear line of site to the boat.
Note: Availability of public wireless LAN access points may be limited. The transmission speed over the wireless LAN and the distance over which wireless LAN can reach may vary depending on surrounding electromagnetic environment, obstacles, access point design and configuration as well as client design and software/hardware configurations. The actual transmission speed will be lower than the theoretical maximum speed. Wireless connectivity and some features (i.e. VoIP) may require you to purchase additional software, external hardware or services.