Lofrans Royal Horizontal Manual Windlass
Lofrans Royal Horizontal Manual Windlass - a simple and inexpensive way to add better anchor handling to any boat. Double-action operation makes bringing in the anchor rode a quick and easy job.Features:
- Manually operated (by included handle) windlass with separate rope capstan and chainwheel.
- Finished in polished anodized coating for added protection
- Unique aluminum collar design won’t bind or corrode over years in saltwater environment
- Rope drum can be used independently of gypsy
- Mount the chain wheel and capstan on either side of the on-deck housing
- Chainwheel & Manual Override Handle
- Stainless steel operating lever with a comfortable rubber grip
- Power Rating: 430 lbs (196 kg)
- Power supply: Manual
- Retrieval rate: One full stroke (forward and back motion combined) yields about 1 foot of chain
- Chain size: 1/4”HT, 5/16”ALL, 3/8”ALL (ALL = HT, BBB and PC)
Note: Chain Only Gypsy / Drum, Power: Manual (Gypsy Does Not Accept Rope Rode)* Note: The above chainwheels are designed to fit short link chain only; BBB, ISO spec, etc. to maximize the number of pockets and gripping. Chain is manufactured by many sources. It is critical to match the chain to the chainwheel, therefore pleasebe careful when sizing. Defender only offers short link chain, BBB and ISO Spec. Do not use NACM spec chain as these havelonger links and will not work in a windlass. Non-ISO chain sizes like NACM spec or miss-matching the chain and gypsy mayallow the chain to skip in or jump from the gypsy pockets.