Profurl / Spinex 2.5 Furler Conversion Kit
Profurl / Wichard
Status: Call to confirm
- Anti Torsion Cable (65 feet)
- Sail Bearings (Entire length of cable)
- Anti Torsion clamps, top and bottom
- Tack swivel integrated into bottom clamp
- D-Shackle for securing spinnaker tack to tack swivel
- The core of the NEX 2.5 Furler is the introduction of exclusive Sail Bearing™ technology that lines the torque cable with numerous High density polyester bearing balls
- Each of these grooved Sail Bearings run freely around the cable allowing the sail to gather and deploy smoothly without binding or "reverse furling"
- Upgrades NEX 2.5 Code Zero Furler (Not Included) to be used with an asymmetrical Spinnaker
- Enabling Top-Down Furling. (You can potentially modify other similarly sized Code-Zero furlers to be Top-Down Furlers with this kit
- The SPIN 2.5 can accept at 10 mm clevis pin)
- SPINEX also utilizes all the unique design benefits of the recently introduced NEX system
- Including the I-Connect one-button attachment system and Quick Fit furling line engagement for easy deployment and storage
- The SPIN kit is a cable, sail bearings, torsion line, and top & bottom line clamps
- The lower line comes pre-clamped so customers would need to size the SPIN kit to the luff length/hoist length for their specific boat and clamp the top clamp
- Function: (See Image Below)
- Spinnaker lashed to the top fitting (1)
- Unique ball bearing system helps the sail unfurl smoothly (2)
- Bearing locks allow sail bearings to spin freely the entire length of the cable, preventing reverse furl affect (3)
- Cable termination fitting allows for quick easy installation on the deck of the boat (4)
- Friction free torlon ball bearing swivel creates a free running tack attachment point
- Shown here using a fixed tack arrangement (5)
- Ratchet block to indicate the direction of furling (6)
- Max Boat Length: 44 feet
- Cable Diameter: 1/2"
- Cable Length: 65 feet
- Working Load: 5511 lb
Profurl NEX 2.5 Flying Sail Furler
Item #: 615316
Spool Diameter: 7-3/16", Continuous Line Diameter: 25/64"
Max. Working Load: 5500 lbs, Max. Sail Area: 860 sq. ft.
Typical Boat Length: 39 - 46'
Item #: 615316