Balmar XT Series Single Foot Marine Alternator
Balmar is replacing the AT-Series 165 Amp alternator family with its XT-Series 170 Amp products. The XT-Series is drop-in compatible with the AT-Series; it provides slightly better performance than the AT-Series
The XT-Series Alternator family features a state-of-the-art, braided stator wire design to generate exceptional output in the smallest possible area. The XT-Series produces slightly more power than the previous AT-Series 165 Amp design and operates 5°-10° C cooler. In addition, Balmar has added Smart Ready® internal regulator technology, to provide an additional level of fault tolerance for cruising boaters. Available XT-Series mounting styles have also expanded to include the "Vortec" 9Si design found on many GM gasoline engines.
XT-Series Alternators may require a Tachometer Signal Stabilizer (Part No. 15-TSS) if your current tach is not adjustable. XT-Series Alternators should only be used in Dual Vee or Multi-Groove Serpentine belt configurations. Balmars growing range of AltMount® Serpentine Pulley Conversion Kits support all XT-Series Alternators.
Balmar XT-Series Alternators and Charging Kits provide maximum charging power in a small case package suitable for installation in most small-to-medium sized diesel engines and most GM-based 4.3 Liter to 8.1 Liter gasoline engines.
- 170 Amp Power Take Off in a Small Case Package
- Up to 140 Amp at Idle Speeds
- Patented Smart Ready®Technology (XT-Series Only)
- Dual Fan Cooling
- High Airflow Frame
- Ideal for Large Battery Banks
- Approvals: USCG Title 33, CE, ISO 8846 and SAE J1171 Certified
- "DV" = 1/2" Dual Vee
- "K6" = K6 Serpentine
- "J10" = J10 Serpentine
The selection process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Determine Your Vessel's Electrical Load
- Step 2: Identify Your Existing Battery Bank Technology and Capacity
- Step 3: Select Your Optimum Alternator Output
- Step 4: Identify the Alternator Mounting Style Present on Your Engine
- Step 5: Determine your Belt and Pulley Requirements
- Step 6: Select Additional Charging System Options