Shakespeare Galaxy Inflatable VHF Antenna
This product ships ground only
The Shakespeare Galaxy INFL8-5 is a full 3dB inflatable antenna that can be rapidly deployed via manual activation of the CO2 cartridge or inflated by mouth with the manual tube. It inflates to 5 feet (1.6 m). This inflatable antenna provides a range of up to three times greater than any existing helical emergency antenna. The antenna can be deflated and stowed away safely in its easy-to-spot orange storage bag until it is needed again.
The antenna can be mounted with its hook and loop straps, allowing for quick and easy installation in any weather to stanchions, outriggers or other vertical structures on board. The antenna also features grommets on the top and bottom to facilitate hanging and securing to spreaders, masts, hard tops and other structures even if the inflatable bladder becomes damaged.
The connectors included in the package allow for versatile connection options. The pre-soldered PL-259 connector allows connection to a Fixed VHF directly or a handheld via the included SMA Adaptor. The package also includes a solder-free female UHF connector that allows the antenna to be spliced into existing coax cables on the boat.
- Inflates to 5 feet
- Full 3dB performance in an emergency antenna
- Includes orange storage bag for convenience when not in use
- CO2 cartridge for rapid, rigid inflation
- Manually inflatable: Can be inflated manually in case CO2 cartridge is not available
- When manually inflated, the product does not inflate to be rigid enough to be mounted free standing
- Recommended only if antenna can be supported at the bottom and the top.
- Includes straps & grommets for versatile mounting options
- Includes SMA male adapter for use with a variety of handheld radios including but not limited to:
- M73PLUS Standard Horizon
- HX380 Uniden
For further details see Product Brochure
- Band: VHF Marine Band
- Antenna Gain: 3dB Max.
- Input Power: 50 Watts
- SWR: nominally 1.5:1 at 156.8 MHz
- Bandwidth: 156-162 MHz within 2.0:1 VSWR
- Via 2 x 2ft (600mm) long built-in hook-and-loop straps
- Can be hung and tied to structures through its grommet holes
- Inflation: >24 hrs. per cartridge
- Recommended Cartridge: 16g threaded CO2 cartridge
- Coax Supplied: 20 feet (6m) of RG-174 cable
- Connector Supplied:
- PL-259 pre-installed. Adapter to adapt over to SMA male for use with handhelds
- Unique solder-less UHF female connector to splice antenna into existing RG-8X or RG-58 coax cabling on the boat
- Polarization (Pattern): Vertical (Omnidirectional)
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- DC Ground: DC Grounded (The antenna will read shorted on continuity test)
- Shakespeare Limited Warranty: 5 years
- Not for use as a personal flotation device
- Not for use as a visual distress signal
- Not suitable for submersible/ man overboard applications