Mustang Lil' Legends Infant Vest / Life Jacket / PFD - Azure Blue
For best-in-class in-water performance and all-day comfort in big water, the Mustang Lil' Legends PFD was developed in response to parents' requests for a more comfortable flotation vest that improved mobility and is cooler to wear.
Leveraging the trusted and proven in-water performance of the original Lil' Legends series, the new design has been overhauled with new materials, reshaped mobility panels, a segmented head pillow, and an exclusive Cooling-Channeled interior back panel. Lil' Legends has proven to be a top choice of both parents and children. Designed for coastal boating activities.
- Designed for infants weighing up to 30 lbs (14 kg)
- Best-in-class safety performance
- AirSoft™ Flotation Foam
- Heavy duty grab strap
- Heavy duty crotch strap
- Secure Delrin 1" buckles
- Adjustable belts
- Shaped and segmented head pillow
- Ventilated mesh back
- Cooling-channeled interior back panel
- Ultra-comfortable, ultra-durable and stain resistant fabric
- Mobility-shaped panels
- Reflective accents
- Reinforced construction
- Textured abrasion panels on shoulders
- Approval: USCG - UL1123 - Marine Buoyant Devices 160.064 - Type II
Notes: When choosing a life vest for any child, always check for the proper weight range and follow all directions for fit and use.
- Teach your Children to properly wear a PFD Children panic when they fall into the water suddenly, causing them to move their arms and legs violently and making it hard to float safely in a PFD. A PFD will keep a child afloat, but may not keep a struggling child face-up. That's why it's important to teach children how to put on a PFD and to help them get accustomed to wearing one in the water.
- All Children's PFDs must fit snugly To check for a good fit, pick the child up by the shoulders of the PFD. If the PFD fits right, the child's chin and ears will not slip through.
- Infants: The Coast Guard does not recommend taking infants on board a recreational boat as life vests currently available for newborns up to 18 pounds may not provide the proper fit to perform as expected.
- Infants and Children The U.S. Coast Guard and personal flotation device (PFD) manufacturers urge that PFDs be tested immediately after purchase, preferably in a swimming pool. Test it with the infant or child who will be wearing the PFD to ensure it fits that particular child properly. A proper fit for one child does not mean it will work for another in the same manner. Check for proper weight range, fit, and especially a stable face-up position in water. Infants and children are difficult to float in a face-up position because of the distribution of body weight and the tendency for them to struggle or attempt to climb out of the water. If one style of vest does not work well, try another style.
- Remember: Never leave an infant or child unattended on a dock, on a boat or in-the-water, even if they have a PFD on.
Life Jacket / PFD Bouyancy and Selection Guide
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 552744
Item #: 552745
Item #: 552747