Oceanics Systems DC Monitor
The Oceanic Systems' 3410 DC Monitor accurately measures the DC voltage, the DC current and reports them over the NMEA2000® network. It also calculates the current state of charge and the battery life remaining at the current rate of discharge. The unit can be used for batteries, alternators, solar panels and wind generators. It can also measure the voltage and current being drawn by DC loads such as Inverters, refrigerators etc. The unit keeps a track of loads and battery condition even when the NMEA2000® network is powered off so the total current draw or battery condition is always maintained and is known when the network is next powered on. Battery monitoring is done using the latest circuitry and software that includes the charge efficiency factor, the battery temperature and Peukerts exponent to calculate the remaining capacity accurately and efficiently.
The current is monitored by either, a latest state of the art DC Current Transformer placed around the conductor with no need to break the connection or by two stages of shunts for currents up to either 500 Amps or 1200 Amps for larger vessels.
The connections to the sensors are made via boat builder preferred WAGO Cage Clamp terminals which allow either solid or multistranded wires from 0.08 to 2.5mm² to be connected quickly and securely. Much more secure than screw terminals which can vibrate loose over time.
This unit is designed to operate in a protected marine environment such as an engine room. The 3410 can be either panel mounted or din rail mounted using it's optional DIN rail mounting clips.
The unit reports DC Voltage, DC Current and state of charge. It uses Peukart's Constant and the Charge Efficiency Factor for the battery to ensure the most accurate state of charge reporting.
- Inputs from battery voltage, 200 Amp DC Current Transformer,500 Amp, 50mV Shunt, 1200 Amp 50mV Shunt
- User Settable Device Instance using rotary switch
- Heartbeat blue LED confirming NMEA transmission
- NMEA2000 micro C interface plug
- Panel or DIN rail mounting option
- Monitors and Reports:
- Battery Voltage to 40 Volts
- Battery Current to 1200 Amps
- DC Current Transformer or Shunt inputs
- State of Charge as a %
- Time Remaining at current discharge in minutes
- Certified to NMEA2000®
- Accurate measurement of batteries, alternators, solar panels and wind generators
Safety Notice: Due to potentially hazardous voltages,connecting the DC monitor must be performed by a QUALIFIED ELECTRONICS ENGINEER ONLY.
In the Box:
- 1 x 3410 NMEA2000® DC Monitor
- 1 x 3410 User Manual
- NMEA2000: Level B
- Maritime Nav & RadioComm: IEC60945
- CE & FCC: Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Operating Voltage: 9 to 32 Volts
- Power Consumption: 30mA
- Load Equivalence Number: 1
- Reverse Battery Protection: Indefinitely
- Load Dump Protection: Yes to SAE J1113
- Size: 96 x 84 x 35 mm
- Weight: 120 gm
- IEC06954 Classification: Protected
- Degree of protection: IP40
- Operating Temperature: -25C to 50C
- Storage Temperature: -40C to 70C
- Relative Humidity: 93%RH @ 40C per IEC 60945-8.2
- Electromagnetic Emission: Conduct/Radiated per IEC 60945-9
- Electromagnetic Immunity: Conducted/Radiated per IEC 60945-10