Zipwake Dynamic Trim-Control Complete System Kit
KB450 S CHINE
- (1 pair) Port and Starboard of fast-acting Chine interceptors (2 x Chine interceptors ) with 3 meter cables and cable covers)
- (1) Distribution unit with 4m power cable
- (1) Control panel with 7m standard cable
- (1) Extension cable
Zipwake Series S Dynamic Trim-Control Complete System Kit with Chine Interceptors incorporates a state of the art series of durable, fast-acting interceptors, eliminating the well-known trim problems of planing and semi-planing boats between 20-60 feet. The system is fully automatic and significantly enhances performance, fuel economy, comfort and safety when accelerating, turning or running in a seaway.
Zipwake Series S Chine Interceptors provide a unique means of maximizing pitch and roll motion control by utilizing the furthest outboard surfaces of the hull bottom for lift generation. As a rule, the lift effect of a chine interceptors matches the lift of a straight interceptor one size larger mounted inboard of the chine, making them the go-to choice when selecting interceptors.
Note: Chine Interceptors are sold as Port or Starboard and mounted as such.
Trim systems have come a long way and it is important for customers to make sure they are getting the correct system for that application. A good starting point would be a minimum of 30% coverage of the transom. The more additional coverage over this, the better the system will perform. Zipwake advises putting the interceptors as far outboard as possible, as this is where they are most effective for roll control.
Recommendation: When choosing which interceptors to use it is recommended that combining units to span as much of the beam as possible, gives the best operating results, that is use large Z factors. With Zipwakes precision controlled interceptors it is not possible to span too much of the beam. For further details see A Quick Sizing Chart
Introduction to Zipwake
Zipwake - The Story
Zipwake Basic System Operation
Zipwake Extended System Operation
- IT450-S CHINE PORT / IT 450-S CHINE STARBOARD
- Length: 450 mm (17.72") / 450 mm (17.72")
- Weight: 2.2(4.9) 2.2 (4.9) 2.9 (6.4) 2.9 (6.4) kg (lbs)
- Max. Boat Speed: 60 knots
- Blade Stroke: 30 mm (1.2 in)
- Blade Rate: 20 mm/s (0.8 in/s)
- Thru-Hull Cable Fitting: Concealed or above waterline
- Servo actuator: SU-S
- Cable Length: 3 m (10 ft), extendable up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Cable Material: PUR
- Connector: M12 5-pin circular
- Connector Diameter: 14.5 mm (0.57 in)
- Supply Voltage: 12 - 32 Volt DC
- Power Consumption: 25 Watt max
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +40° C (+32° to +104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to +90° C (-40° to +194° F)
- Ingress Protection: IP68 to 5 meters (16 feet)
- Compliance: CE, FCC