Charles Marine Iso-G2 3.6 kVA Isolation Transformer
Charles Marine Iso-G2™ 3.6 kVA Isolation Transformer
- Provides reliable and affordable AC system protection and meets ABYC standards as a single-unit alternative to using a galvanic isolator / status monitor combination
- Shoreline isolation transformer completely isolates input power from output power for improved safety and prevents galvanic current corrosion due to direct connection to AC shore power
- Designed for boats with 30 Amp / 120 Volt service
- Power is transferred from the shore side electrical system to boat's electrical system by magnetic coupling there is no direct electrical connection between earth-grounded shore AC power and boat's AC power
- Shore grounding conductor is connected to a shield that is wound between the primary (shore) and secondary (boat) transformer windings
- Terminal block included for easy connections
- Unit can be mounted horizontally on deck or vertically on a bulkhead
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Corrosion resistant, convection-cooled enclosure meets NMEA 3R requirements
- Ignition protected
- Strain Relief Kit included
- Designed and manufactured in USA
- Marine UL listed, meets all ABYC and USCG requirements
- 1-year limited warranty
- Charles Marine Model No. 93-ISOG2/6-A
- Kilovolt Amps: 3.6 kVA
- Output Amperage: 30 Amps
- Output Voltage: 120 Volt AC
- Input Amperage: 30 Amps
- Input Voltage: 120 Volt AC
- Operating Frequency: 60 Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32 - 122°F
- Dimensions: 9.65" H x 10.5" W x 9" D
- Approximate Weight (not shipping weight): 60 lbs
For further details see Installation Instructions & Owner's Manual for this product
Note: Overcurrent protection must be provided at time of installation by a circuit breaker on the primary (shore) supply circuit. A 2-pole circuit breaker is required for the shore power line going into the IsoG2. This should be rated at 30 Amps, 120 Volts, 3000 ampere interrupting capacity (AIC) and be of the long-time delay type.
Boat wiring is a complex task that can pose shock, corrosion and other hazards if not done properly by trained, experienced personnel.
Note: Charles Transformers are designed to work with either 50 Hz or 60 Hz, but they will not convert hertz from 50hz to 60hz or 60hz to 50hz.
Blue Sea A-Series ELCI Main Residual Current Toggle Circuit Breaker - 30 Amp
Item #: 202200
Item #: 202201
Item #: 202202
Item #: 202203
Marinco EEL 30 Amp ShorePower Cordset - 25 ft.
Item #: 204886
Marinco EEL 30 Amp ShorePower Cordset - 50 ft.
Item #: 204887