Simrad BoatConnect Hub
What is Simrad BoatConnect?
Simrad BoatConnect consists of a hub, built-in and additional sensors, and an app that allows you to monitor and track a boat's location, battery performance, water levels and temperature from the comfort of your home. The hub and sensors are easily installed on a boat while the app allows the boat user to monitor key information regarding the boat and its location.
BoatConnect from Simrad gives you peace of mind. Monitor your boat's location and battery, track trips and movement. Receive alerts if your boat leaves a designated area, and know when your battery is low. With BoatConnect stay close to family or employees out at sea, track a stolen boat or ensure your battery is ready for planned trips.
How to access the BoatConnect app?
The BoatConnect app is supported on iPhone's running iOS 11 or higher. It's also compatible with Android version 8 or higher. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play, and create a BoatConnect account.. Once the account is created, users are prompted to add the electronic serial number (ESN) of the hub and to complete some key settings in order to monitor their boat.
The app will guide users: Users will be asked to login to either the App Store or Google Play to confirm the app subscription price of $19.99 per month. The App is FREE to download from Google Play or the App Store, a rolling monthly subscription of $19.99 FLAT RATE, with NO CONTRACT required and NO ACTIVATION FEE (It must be used in conjunction with a hub).
- BoatConnect Hub
- Mounting Bracket
- (2) Ring connectors (5/16") for battery
- (2) Ring connectors (M10) for terminal block
- (8) 3M Dual Lock strips
- (2) 1/2" stainless screws
- (2) 3/8" Machine screws
- Alcohol wipe
- Installation guide
Note: Additional sensors are sold separately, and only the hub and sensors are available for in-store purchase.
Additional Sensors: (Sold Separately)
- Temperature sensor - allows boat owners to monitor changes in temperature and receive alerts if anything unusual occurs
- Water sensor - allows boat owners to monitor and receive alerts for any issues with the bilge pump
- Hatch sensor - allows boat owners to monitor the boat's entry or hatch points to ensure that when they are not onboard, no one else is.
Key Features of BoatConnect App:
- Locate and Track your boat's current position and trip history from your smartphone.
- Receive important alerts and notifications
- Monitor and Protect Monitor your boat's battery performance, bilge and water levels, pump activity, hatch entries, and temperature.
- Weather Monitoring Track the weather forecast at the boat's location from the BoatConnect App
- Monitor your boat from your phone using the hub
- Trip history
- Boat battery voltage
- Local weather
- Optional sensors for bilge, temperature and cabin door (Sold Separately)
- Low-cost hub and 30-day rolling contract: no contract lock-in
- Simple DIY self-install
- The hub can be installed in less than 15 mins
- Power" 12 / 24 Volt DC
- Where do I connect the hub?
- To a constant 12 Volt DC / 24 Volt DC power supply, typically the boat main battery
- How much current does the hub draw?
- Typically 41mA, slightly higher when the boat is travelling at speed.
- How long will the hub run on my boat without charging?
- Around 50 days on a boat with a 100VA battery
- After that the boat battery should be recharged
- How long will the hub run on internal battery?
- About five days if the boat remains stationary
- How many sensors can I add?
- From zero to three
- If sensors are connected, you have to enable them in the BoatConnect App
- Do sensors work when the hub is not connected to 12 Volt power?
- On internal battery the hub is only monitoring boat location & Geofence
- Where can I use it? 4G hubs can only be sold and used in North America. The 4G connection uses AT&T's network. 3G hubs will work worldwide, but some countries (eg Norway) are starting to withdraw support for 3G. In North America 3G will be available until at least 2022
Item #: 261989
Item #: 261990
Item #: 261991