Side-Power SE25/110S DC Thruster (On/Off)
Note: This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
This item typically ships within 2-3 Business Days.
The world's leading series of bow and stern thrusters for leisure boats is the SE series from Side-Power. Side-Power offers the world's largest range of DC thruster systems for leisure boats.The new SE25 incorporates all the features and quality demanded by expert yacht builders around the world , and now they are available for even smaller vessels. With the SE25, Side-Power adds yet another tunnel diameter to their extensive program.
With a tunnel diameter of only 110mm, the SE25 is suitable for vessels up to 24 feet depending on vessel windage area. As with all the other thruster models in the SE series, the SE25 also offers tremendous installation flexibility. The thruster can be installed on the tunnel in any angle and the thruster motor can be rotated on the motor bracket in 90-degree steps.
The SE25 series is galvanic insulated, just like the larger thrusters in the SE series, and features Side-Power's patented Intelligent Power Control (IPC) technology for safety.
The SE25 is only available for bow installation.
- Intelligent Power Control he Side Power unique thruster controller that intelligently protects the thruster from potential inherent problems in all high current applications as well as user faults. It includes several important safety features imperative in a product with such high power, run by DC electrics, as a thruster
- Provides delay between drive directions
- Monitors solenoid functions to reduce the chance of solenoid lock-in
- Will stop the thruster in case of a locked-in solenoid, without extra user action and even without controlling a main switch
- Single Propeller
- A properly engineered single propeller system will be the most energy efficient thruster
- Compact design fits easily into narrow bows making it the perfect match for smaller models
- With more than 60,000 single propeller thrusters in use, the Sidepower single series system has proven its reliability
- 5-blade special skew propellers are the result of over 2 years of development work and thousands of tests
- Designed to reduce noise level, while maintaining exceptional efficiency of prior 4-blade Side Power propellers
- Thrust has been increased by 5% on some thrusters; see individual information on each new thruster for more details
- Noise reductions of up to 75% measured in controlled environments
- Expected and tested normal noise reduction in average installations:
- 20-40% will be delivered on all Side-Power models except models with 300 mm and 385 mm tunnel diameter
- Upgrade kits are available for most SP series thrusters with special adaptors
- Sealed, lifetime lubricated gear leg
- Sealed gear leg with long-life "mechanical" seal where highly polished ceramic and carbon surfaces make up the only moving sealing surfaces, ensuring protection against damaging water intrusion into gear leg
- Pre-filled with special gear oil for lifetime lubrication. "Mechanical" seals with surfaces of ceramic and carbon for ultimate security against water intrusion
- Galvanic Separation
- Gearhouse / drive legs of most Side Power DC electric thrusters are now fully galvanically isolated / separated from the electric motor and motor bracket
- Ensures that in the event of a short circuit or current leak for other reasons, the immersed parts are not affected as they could be with direct electric contact
- Galvanic separation achieved by composite bushings installed around bolts and beneath washers, and a bushing in the motor bracket electrically isolating the drive housing from the motor bracket
- Available on DC electric models with flexible couplers only, where the flexible coupler provides galvanic separation of the motor and gear leg shaft
SE Series Features:
- Standard, Single Speed (ON / Off) bow and stern thrusters
- These standard bow and stern thruster series are the base for all Side-Power extensive range of DC electric thrusters
- They are fitted in a tunnel through the bow, or into stern tunnels to use as a stern thruster
- Electric motors, solenoids and patented Intelligent Power Control (IPC) system provide for safe, reliable performance
- Maintenance-free, sealed gear leg for easy installation and powerful, purpose-built electric motor
- Mechanical parts of propulsion system are all custom designed and built utilizing extensive experience gained through years of leadership in the global thruster market
For further details see Product Data Sheet with Dimensional Drawings
For further details see Owner's Manual and Installation Guide
- Thrust at 10.5/21V*: 25 kg / 55 lb
- Thrust at 12/24V*: 30 kg / 66 lb
- Typical boat size: Up to 24' / Up to 7.3 meter
- Tunnel ID: 110 mm / 4.33"
- Propulsion: Single prop
- Power at 10.5/21V*: 1.5 kW / 2 HP
- For DC system: 12 Volt
- Nominal current draw: 200 Amp
- Weight: 9.5 kg - 21 lb
- Minimum Battery Capacity (CCA** 12 / 24 Volt): 200/380
- Control system: Analog
* All Side-Power thrusters gets their thrust rating from the actual performance you can expect in a boat - at the voltage a normal installation will provide at the thruster. We have chosen to use the net performance at 10.5V/21V, but we also list the effect at 12/24V for comparison.
** All battery CCA ratings are stated with the DIN rating, multiply by 1.9 to get the SAE equivalent (at 0°F, ABYC standard)
Other items to consider when purchasing a new thruster: (Sold Separately)
- Bow Tunnel or Stern Tunnel
- Control Panels and Remote Controls
- Automatic Main Switch, Battery Disconnect, Fuse & Fuse holder
- 4-Wire Harnesses (when not using Automatic Main Switch)
- 5-Wire Harnesses (for use with Automatic Main Switch)
Item #: 306597
Item #: 306498295001
Item #: 305664