Sirius Signal SOS Distress Light with Distress Flag, Whistle
NO MORE FLARES! Complete compliance kit! Fulfills USCG Night, Day, and audible distress signal requirements.
Fulfills all Coast Guard Compliant Visual Distress Signal (VDS) requirements (46 CFR 175.130) for recreational marine vessels 16 FT AND OVER. Includes Distress Flag to meet daytime distress signal requirement and a quality, marine whistle to meet audible distress signal requirement.
Finally, a family and environmentally safe alternative to the antiquated pyrotechnic visual distress flare! Sirius Signal Electronic Flare Flashing SOS Beacon is the Original Alternative to Pyrotechnic Flares
The Sirius Signal new and improved eVDSD SOS C-1003 Beacon is redesigned from the original and wildly successful model C-1001, which will be discontinued in 2020.
Powered by a high-performance, programmable microprocessor controlling an SOS flash pattern signal flashed through an even brighter and more potent LED, the Sirius Signal C-1003 is both family safe and easy to use. Sirius Signal's optical design provides an omnidirectional light display for surface rescue craft, and a vertical beam visible to aircraft flying overhead. Improved flotation keeps the Sirius Signal even higher off the water, making the beam visible up to 10 nautical miles.
Additionally, the C-1003's beam lasts for hours compared to the minutes-long lifespan of traditional pyrotechnic distress flares.
- 20% brighter than the previous model C-1001
- Flashes USCG spec SOS signal for up to 60 hours
- Runs 4 times longer than USCG requirements
- Daytime orange distress flag included to fulfill daytime signal requirement
- Quality marine whistle included to comply with USCG audible signal requirements
- LED power: 75 candelas
- Switch design: Self-cleaning twist-on
- Accidental switch activation protection
- Includes three alkaline (C) batteries
- Proudly made in USA (complies with the "Buy American Act" (may contain imported components)
- CE (European Union compliant) RoHS compliant
- Dimensions: 4.5" diameter x 8.5" high
- Weight without batteries: 0.41 lb
- Weight with batteries: 0.8 lb
- P/N SOS C-1003 (Replaces Model C-1001)
Electronic Flare Use and Instructions | Sirius Signal SOS Distress Signal:
Please read all the instructions before you use it. Your SIRIUS SIGNAL LED eVDSD device will give you years of trouble-free service if you follow these simple instructions:
- OPERATION OF THE ELECTRONIC FLARE:
- To turn on, hold device body in one hand and turn optical lens clockwise until light turns on
- To turn off the electronic flare, turn the lens optic counterclockwise and continue to turn it one full turn after the light goes off. This prevents the LED flare from turning on accidentally
- CAUTION: DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY INTO THE OPTIC WHEN IT IS OPERATING; DO NOT SHINE INTO THE EYES OF OTHERS. EYE DAMAGE CAN OCCUR! THIS ELECTRIC FLARE IS FOR EMERGENCY USE ONLY!
- IMPORTANT: Check for continuity of the O-RING/ seal by a visual check through the clear lower portion of the optical lens cap. A solid continuous black ring indicates a proper seal. Occasionally clean and lightly lubricate your o-ring and cap threads. USE ONLY SILICONE GREASE, NEVER USE AEROSOL SPRAY LUBRICANTS
- IF YOUR LED eVDSD FLOODS
- Remove and discard batteries
- Flush body and all parts with warm fresh water; preferably distilled water. DO NOT USE SALT WATER.
- Dry thoroughly then check for damage or corrosion
- Return to factory or replace parts as necessary (LED is only replaceable as unit)
- Install only positive (+) end up toward optical lens cap. Use alkaline cells for best results
- Battery formulations can emit hydrogen gas
- This gas can create an explosion potential in sealed devices if it is not vented or removed
- Platinum catalysts included in our devices help remove this gas
- Do not insert batteries into eVDSD if electrical components are damaged or missing
- Do not insert batteries backward or other than positive (+) end up
- Do not mix batteries of different types or state of charge; always use fresh batteries of the same type
- Remove batteries from the device during long periods of storage
- Remove exhausted, leaking or flooded batteries immediately and DO NOT REUSE THEM, LEAKING BATTERIES CAN BE CORROSIVE OR CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION
- Improper installation of the batteries may damage your LED eVDSD and void the warranty
- FOLLOW BATTERY MANUFACTURER'S SUPPLIED SHELF LIFE GUIDELINES and EXPIRATION DATE ON BATTERY
- Sirius Signal recommends checking and replacing batteries at the start of each season
- For extended use carry spare batteries for additional run time