Gurit Corecell M80 Structural Foam Core Material - 5/8"
Gurit® Corecell™ M is an addition to the Gurit® Corecell™ range and shares the benefits of SAN chemistry common to all Gurit® Corecell™ products.
Gurit® Corecell™ M has been developed to deliver one product for all Marine applications. It provides a combination of high shear strength with low density, high elongation, high temperature resistance and low resin uptake. Gurit® Corecell™ M is the perfect choice whether your application is slamming area or superstructure, hull or deck, using hand lamination, infusion or prepreg.
If looking for reliable processing, Gurit® Corecell™ M delivers through the benefits recognized in all Gurit® Corecell™ products of fine cell size and unique knife-cuts giving low resin uptake in infusion processes.
- For prepreg, Gurit® Corecell™ M offers high temperature resistance to allow shorter cure cycles and the confidence to process without fear of inhibition of prepreg catalysis
- Where static properties are important, Gurit® Corecell™ M delivers high shear strength at a low density
- Where dynamic performance is crucial, the high elongation delivers higher useful properties and the toughness to give impact resistance and superior fatigue performance
Gurit® Corecell™ M is available in resin infusion format and is compatible with polyester, vinylester and epoxy resin systems. The low resin absorption characteristics of Gurit® Corecell™ and it's unique knife-cut formats deliver higher performing infusions, low resin cost and low weight. Gurit's global technical team has 10 years experience in resin infusion, hand lamination and prepreg processing, and offers on-site support and structural engineering for Gurit® Corecell™ customers. This combination makes Gurit® Corecell™ a key part of a reliable package.
- High performance foam, ideal for marine applications
- Perfect choice whether your application is a slamming area or superstructure, hull or deck, using hand lamination, infusion or prepreg
- Compatibility - Suitable for use with all polyester, vinylester and epoxy resins
- No inhibition - Gurit® Corecell™ does not inhibit any epoxy resin curing mechanisms
- Environmental stability - High tolerance for heat and chemical exposure
- High chemical resistance, low resin absorption
- High temperature processing (prepreg compatible)
- Built in toughness - High ductility and damage tolerance compared to cross-linked PVC and Balsa
- Tough and easy to machine
- Good compressive strength and stiffness
- High shear strength & elongation
- Fine cell size - Resin absorption is very low, saving both weight and cost
- Superior uniformity - low density variation
- Eliminating outgassing - Gurit® Corecell™ eliminates the problems of foam outgassing
- Certification: GL, DNV, RINA, BV, Lloyds and ABS
* Note: Bleeder Hole Perforated: 1/8" holes - 24 x 24 rows of holes in 48" x 48" sheet
For further details see Application Guide
For further details see Installation Guide
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers include an additional handling fee which is included in your shipping rate