Racor SNAPP Disposable Fuel Filter / Water Separator Kit - 10 Micron
Note: This item will ship when available.
The Racor SNAPP™ Series of quick change fuel filter / water separators is ideal for outboard motor applications. The SNAPP Series is a compact, disposable fuel filter water separator with premium filtration capabilities. Unlike conventional small engine filters, which use a spin-on element that requires a strap wrench to service, the SNAPP filter features a patented bracket system and quick-connect fittings that eliminate the need for seals or threads. This allows change-outs to be performed quickly, easily, and without the use of tools.
*Optional quick connect fittings include 90° 3/8", 90° 5/16", straight 5/16" straight 3/8". Sold separately.
The filter only requires 2-1/2 inches front clearance for servicing, making it suitable for installation wherever you need it. The SNAPP filter housing's one-piece, high-impact nylon structure is coupled with a powder-coated or stainless steel (for marine use) mounting bracket to resist corrosion in all environments. The clear collection bowl allows for accurate inspection of fuel quality. A self-vent drain is also available for easy removal of collected water.
At the heart of the SNAPP fuel filter is Racor's proprietary Aquabloc® technology. Aquabloc® is a unique engineered media that incorporates pleat-spacing corrugations and a graduated pore structure to increase dirt-holding capacity and extend filter life. The media is waterproof and rustproof, capturing contaminants while the specially treated surface separates and coalesces water from the fuel, causing the water to gather into large droplets that then fall into the clear collection bowl.
Aquabloc® elements are available in three different ratings, including: Defender offers 2 micron and 10 micron with the self-venting drain.
- 10 Micron (98%@10 micron) - Captures more contaminants than 30 micron elements, and is more effective at stopping water from entering the engine
- Extends the life of the entire fuel system
- Flow up to 34 GPH (129 LPH) in gasoline
- Flow up to 26 GPH (98 LPH) diesel
- At just 4 inches wide with 2 to 2-1/2 inch bolt spacing, the SNAPP filter and bracket easily replaces existing Racor and other brands of filters and can be mounted anywhere you need it
- Quick-connect fittings eliminate the need for tools, making filter change-outs quick, easy, and painless
- Removes water that enters the system through condensation in the fuel tank
- Any water present in the fuel stream will support bacterial growth, which can cause clogged filters and result in the formation of corrosive acids
- Susceptible components then rust and corrode, leading to erosion and wear of critical fuel system components
- Removes hard particles present in air that are introduced during fueling, such as sand and silica
- Saves time and money by eliminating unplanned maintenance and unscheduled downtime from system component failure
- Suitable for use in both marine and non-marine applications
- Designed for engines with a fuel flow rates up to 34 GPH (129 LPH) in gasoline and 26 GPH (100 LPH) in diesel
- Heavy-duty, corrosion-proof, high-impact nylon construction
- Corrosion-resistant, permanent stainless steel or powder-coated steel mounting bracket
- Universal bracket accommodates 2 to 2-1/2 inch bolt spacing
- Two male straight quick connects for 3/8" hose included
- Patented Aquabloc® media
- Clear collection bowl with self-venting drain
- Compatible with E10 gasoline, diesel, biodiesel up to B20
- Rated for up to 50 psi pressure spikes
For further details see Product Brochure
For further details see Product Data Sheet
- Height: 7.82" (198.6 mm)
- 3.83" (97.3 mm) at bracket
- 6.14 (155.9 mm) at fuel ports
- 8.30 (210.7 mm) at fuel ports with straight fittings
- Depth: 4.09" (103.9 mm)
- Ports: 3/8" (9.5 mm) per SAE J2044
- Fittings: 3/8" (9.5 mm) Straight quick connect per SAE J2044 - additional fittings available -
- Clearance: 2.50" (63.5 mm)
- Rated Pressure: 50 psi (3.5 bar)
- Water Sump Capacity: 3.4 oz (100 ml)
- Fuel Type:
- Diesel (up to B20)
- Gasoline (up to E10)
Item #: 306649
Item #: 306650
Item #: 302121