Spinlock Deckvest 6D 170N PFD with HRS System (Harness Quick Release)*
This product ships ground only
The Spinlock Deckvest 6D marks a new era for Spinlock and its popular Deckvest lifejacket range. Following feedback and review, the Spinlock design team has worked hard to develop yet again the latest in lifejacket technology and a step change in product development.
Adjustment has been the biggest design focus, developing a new buckle and adjuster system to ensure the Deckvest 6D is simple and intuitive to fit, ensuring fast, easy donning. A new buckle system, sized perfectly, passes through a soft, durable front molding to be securely locked into place. Smooth running, wide adjuster buckles then allow for the perfect fit - whatever is being worn.
Maintaining the iconic Deckvest look with popular Front Opening, the new Deckvest 6D is extremely striking, stylish and modern in look. Custom, durable outer cover fabrics position the Deckvest 6D as both sports equipment and safety equipment - a lifejacket you want to wear.
- Type: Spinlock Deckvest 6D 170N PFD with HRS System (Harness Quick Release)
- Buoyancy: 170N
- One size
- UML Pro Sensor Elite activation system
- Improved front opening buckle with smooth body adjuster system
- Enhanced shoulder fit system for the perfect fit every time, all day
- Enhanced back profile for clean, unobtrusive look and fit
- Hard-wearing, coated fabrics in key areas
- Improved sprayhood design with large clear structured visor stored away from neck
- Firing system on rear of bladder for improved comfort and reduced snagging when inflated
- 40 mm single leg strap with stowage pocket, extra wide, easy to find, easy to locate
- Pylon Lifejacket Light™ high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water (SOLAS approved)
- Lume-On bladder illumination lights fitted
- (2) Flashing LED Lights (pair) illuminate the inflated lifejacket bladder to increase visibility and aid location
- Water activated - waterproof (IP68)
- Uses the inflated lifejacket bladder as diffuser to increase visibility
- Compact design
- Attaches and integrates only in lifejackets with separate bladder and cover construction.
- Sticks directly to underside of inflatable chamber
- Retail packaged as a pair of adhesive backed lights
- Standard feature on Deckvest 6D and Deckvest VITO
- Multiple award-winning product; including DAME design award 2015
- Includes the optional HRS (Harness Release System) - developed in Volvo Ocean Race*
- MOB1 AIS Compatible
- 5-Year warranty
- Approvals: Deckvest VITO is approved to the following international standards:
- CE Approved
- ISO 12402-3 Lifejacket (170N)
- ISO 12401 Deck Harness
- Cutter attachment point for non HRS models
*Development of the Harness Release System (HRS™)
While man overboard and entrapment is uncommon, the question of releasing yourself from the yacht /boat has been a topic of discussion for many years. Staying connected to the boat is undoubtedly safer than being in the water and use of a safety line is actively encouraged. However, in the event of a fall overboard, a casualty can find themselves being dragged/trapped alongside or behind the vessel a situation which can be hard to be released from. The offshore special regulations and technical training have always actively encouraged the carrying of a knife as one of the best methods of quick release from a boat tether.
What is HRS? Spinlock still considers a knife to be an essential piece of carried equipment. However, they have yet to develop a reliable consistent safety line clip release system. Instead, they are focused on developing a release system of the actual lifejacket harness. Testing showed that the harness release system needed to be simple to understand, simple to use and simple to maintain as well as reliable over the lifetime of the lifejacket. At the same time, the harness release system must meet the requirements of the ISO12402 approval. The Spinlock HRS developed for the Volvo Ocean Race and now fitted to their Deckvest 6D lifejacket harness is a discreet but easy-to-locate, two-stage release handle with a short pull to open the soft loop harness connection. As well as the focus on user simplicity, the HRS system is a surprisingly detailed piece of design engineering that combines rotating metal parts in a molded locking system interacting with a fiber loop system.