Digital Yacht GPS160USB GPS Sensor / Antenna - USB
Digital Yacht TriNav™ GPS160 is a high performance positioning sensor using GPS, Glonass and the new Galileo satellite systems for exceptional positioning accuracy and redundancy. Typical accuracy is better than 1m and data can be set to output at up to 18Hz for smoother plotter track displays. TriNav™ software technology also improves positioning vulnerabilities that could occur through spoofing and local interference.
The device can be field programmed for a variety of modes such as single GNSS operation (eg Galileo only) as well as output configurations such as update rate, NMEA sentence structure, etc.
The GPS160USB variant ships with a 5m USB cable. It's self powered from the USB source (PC, MAC or Linux). When installed, a virtual COM port is created on the host PC so navigation programs can receive positioning data. If a longer cable or the MOB feature is required, it's best to utilize the GPS160 (standard NMEA version) with our USB-NMEA adaptor cable.
Galileo is the new global navigation satellite system (GNSS) that has been developed over the past two decades. It joins the GPS and GLONASS systems and offers mariners a 3rd reliable positioning source.
For further details see Product Brochure
- The GPS160USB variant ships with a 5 meter cable
- Self powered from the USB source (PC, MAC or Linux)
- When installed, a virtual COM port is created on the host PC so navigation programs can receive positioning data
- 72-channel GPS, Glonass and Galileo GNSS positioning receiver
- Typically sub 1 meter accuracy thanks to TriNav™ technology
- Combines all satellite data for optimum accuracy
- Can be configured as dedicated GPS, Glonass or Galileo-only device
- Sophisticated, anti-spoofing algorithm for robust positioning performance and interference rejection
- User / field selectable 4800, 38400 and 115200 baud operation through simple internal DIP switches
- Multiple formats of NMEA data output including datum information user configurable through internal DIP switches
- Up to 18Hz update rate (user selectable)
- Ultra low (<20mA) power consumption at 12 Volt DC
- Professional system (ECDIS) support with datum sentence structure (DTM/GBS/GNS/GRS/GSA/GST)
- Puck installation or fits 3rd party industry standard 1" x 14 TPI threaded mount