American Practical Navigator: Bowditch (Volumes 1 and 2 Bound Separately)
This item includes both Volume 1 and Volume 2, hardcover bound separately, and shrink wrapped together.
The author, Nathaniel Bowditch, first published this encyclopedic work in 1802. During the last two centuries, over 75 editions and almost 1 million copies have been published by the US Government. Simply known as Bowditch by most experienced sailors, it is the mainstay of any serious navigator's library, combining the best technologies of each generation of navigator.
The American Practical Navigator may be daunting to some, but you will be hard pressed to find a navigational reference that is better written or easier to understand. This is the authoritative resource for professional navigators. It is complete, detailed and presented in a logical step-by-step format that can be appreciated by recreational sailors as well as professionals.
- The American Practical Navigator: Bowditch (Volumes 1 and 2 Combined)
- This commercial edition of Bowditch is a complete copy of the latest Government edition
- Includes fold-out charts, all tables, and many photos
- Bowditch contains numerous tables, which have been valued for years by practicing navigators and is carried on the bridge of every U.S. Navy ship
- This edition includes the latest advances in electronic navigation and digital charting technology
- Also covers non-electronic navigation such as celestial, plotting and dead reckoning
Note: This item includes both Volume 1 and Volume 2, hardcover bound separately, and shrink wrapped together
- Includes Volumes 1 and 2
- Volume 1 - ISBN: 9781937196578, Pages: 760
- Volume 2 - ISBN: 9781937196585, Pages: 460
- Original Author: Nathaniel Bowditch
- Current Author: NIMA (National Imagery and Mapping Agency)
- Publisher: Celestaire and Paradise Cay Publications
- Publish Date: August 2018
- Size: 8.7" x 11.3" each volume