Buy Now While this Item is Still Available!
New England Ropes Mega Plait
Sales of all Special Buy items are final.
Please feel free to contact us if you need more information about an item prior to your purchase: email@example.com
- New England Ropes Mega Plait™ is a unique 12-strand rope where the strands are formed by running the bobbins on the braiding machine in tandem
- The result is a 12-strand rope that has the characteristics of a plaited rope
- Mega Plait™ is the perfect balance of supple and firm, and was designed for use in mechanical windlasses without abrading, snagging, or fraying
- Unique 12-strand construction that performs like a traditional 8-strand plaited rope
- Easily spliced to chain for the perfect anchor rode
- Superb abrasion resistance
- Resists kinking and will not hockle like a 3-strand rope
- Excellent elongation properties
Recommended Scope: Recommended scope under normal circumstances is 7:1 according to most anchorage texts and anchor manufacturers. In crowded anchorages, one may have to reduce scope to 3:1 or 4:1 to make up for the lack of space. A larger anchor and/or chain should be used anytime scope is reduced.
Note: We recommend you check your owner's manual or contact the windlass manufacturer for the correct chain/line, size and type for your windlass.
Item #: 012435
Item #: 001855