Annin International Maritime Quarantine Code Flag - 18" x 24"
The International Maritime Quarantine Flag is used to symbolize disease in both ships and ports, but may also have widespread implementation during times of a pandemic.
The black and yellow "Lima" flag should not be confused with the all yellow "Quebec" signal flag (formerly used as the Maritime Quarantine Flag). The all yellow "Quebec" flag now has the opposite meaning. It is used to signal that a vessel is free of disease and is requesting boarding for inspection by Port Control, for the purpose of granting a "Free Pratique". Once the local authorities have determined that the vessel's health problems have been resolved the "Lima" flag is removed and replace with the solid yellow "Quebec" signal flag.
- Flag is divided into 4 squares of alternating yellow and black
- During times of pandemic, there may be widespread implementation
- Made of Dura-Lite Nylon with duck heading and brass grommets
- All seams are double stitched
- Size: 18" x 24"
- Code flag: "Lima"
- Material: Double stitched Dura-Lite Nylon
Item #: 650015
Item #: 650351
Item #: 000451