MDR Ethanol Gasoline E-Zorb Water Remover - 16 Oz.
This product ships ground only
- E-ZORB Water Remover is formulated to absorb water from gasoline
- Totally restores phased-out water and ethanol back into E-10/E-15 gasoline
- It only takes approximately 3/10 of 1% of water acquired by condensation from a loose gas cap or refueling with contaminated gas for phase separation to occur
- Taking with it up to 75% of the ethanol
- E-ZORB will totally emulsify its own volume of water/ethanol back into gas
- E-Zorb (MDR-574) has been formulated to totally emulsify phased out water and ethanol at the bottom of a fuel tank, back into the E-10 gasoline
- The water will pass with the gasoline through the finest filters and burn through the engine as steam
- In the process, the octane phased out with the ethanol, is also replaced back into the fuel
Note MDR E-ZORB, Like all MDR Additives Contains NO Alcohol or Methanol
Facts about Ethanol:
- If not already, you will soon be using 10% Ethanol as a replacement oxygenation additive for the discontinued MTBE (methyl tertiary-butyl ether) in gasoline
- With this change comes a multitude of questions and misinformation within the boating community that needs to be addressed
- The fact is that there will be many more problems with boats’ fuel tanks than there will be with automobiles’ and the reason for this is the requirement for marine fuel tanks to be “vented.”
- This allows the Ethanol to absorb moisture from the humidity entering through the vent, thereby adding additional condensation to the fuel
- Following are some of the known facts about Ethanol when mixed into gasoline at the present designated ratio of 10% by volume (E-10).
- Ethanol attracts more water than plain gasoline.
- Ethanol contains only about 2/3 as much energy as plain gas, therefore getting poorer mileage (approx. 3%) for the same volume of gasoline.
- It only takes about 3/10 of 1 percent of water (.3%) to begin separating the water and 75+% of the Ethanol from the fuel, which then drops to the bottom of the tank with the water. There it forms what is known as a “single phase separation” layer of water and Ethanol under the gasoline. This small amount of water equates to slightly under 4 oz of water per 10 gals of gasoline.
- When the water/Ethanol layer at the bottom of the tank rises to the level of the fuel pickup, it will be sucked up into the engine, shutting the engine down. The water/Ethanol layer WILL NOT support combustion.
- MDR’s Water Probe Indicator (MDR-566) (Sold Separately)can determine if water is present at the bottom of a fuel tank, and in fact, how much water is there as long as the tank can be dipped straight down. If necessary, removing the fuel sender provides a typical access for this test.
- Ethanol (E-10) adds about 2 points of octane to the gasoline when totally in solution, but then loses that octane when the Ethanol drops to the bottom of the tank with water.
- E-10 evaporates more quickly than plain gasoline, thereby losing some of the added octane in the process.
- E-10 will deteriorate fiberglass fuel tanks (pre-1985), allowing the residue to eventually clog up fuel systems and intake valves enough to seriously damage engines.
- Tests have shown that MDR’s E-ZORB, will totally emulsify the phased separation of water and Ethanol at the bottom of a fuel tank, right back into the fuel
- At the same time, the octane lost when the Ethanol went to the bottom of the tank with the water will also be replaced back into the fuel.
Centek FuelKleen Splash Absorbing Fuel Collar
Item #: 756553
FillGuard Deck Fill Protection Devices - 3 Pc Gasoline Set
Item #: 651010
Kit Contains: (3) Inserts: (1) Gasoline, (1) Water, (1) Waste
Function: Insert Reminds User which Deck Fill is Open
Installation is Simple, Inserts Fit Virtually all Type and Size Deck Fills
Item #: 651010
Attwood Fuel Demand Valve
Item #: 305858
Inlet / Outlet: Designed for 5/16" to 3/8" ID Hose
Prevents Engine Flooding and Fuel Spillage, Meets EPA Tank Pressure Standards
Applications: All OEM Brand Engines (1 HP - 350 HP)
Item #: 305858