Digital Yacht AIT5000 Class B+ AIS Transponder w/ USB & WiFi
Important Information Regarding the Purchase of a Class B
This required form must be sent to Defender Industries via e-mail [email protected] or faxed along with a copy of your MMSI registration before your order can be processed. Our fax number is 860-701-3432.
The AIT5000 Class B+ AIS Transponder utilizes SOTDMA format transmissions which offers a 5W power output, guaranteeing a time slot for transmission in busy traffic areas and faster update rates depending upon the speed of your vessel.
- Class B+ 5W SOTDMA AIS transponder with GPS/GLONASS positioning
- Integrated ZeroLoss VHF-AIS antenna splitter (shares the VHF antenna)
- Beneficial for ocean going vessels or boats traveling above 15 knots
- SOTDMA technology guarantees a time slot for an AIS transmission
- 5W Power output - 2.5x more powerful than a regular Class B
- Wireless interface for tablets, smartphones and PC
- Multiple NMEA 0183 in/out and multiplex capability
- NMEA 2000 connectivity
- USB connectivity for PC/MAC
- Remote TX silence switch option (Sold separately)
- Supplied with GPS antenna
- Options include AIS SART Alarm (AIS Lifeguard)
Note on SOTDMA Technology:
Class B+ is a new generation of AIS functionality based on SOTDMA (self organized TMDA) messaging rather than the simpler CSTDMA (carrier sense TDMA). It guarantees your AIS transmission will get a time slot, even in areas of very high traffic density. It also specifies a 5W transmission power (compared with 2W for Class B) and a transmission rate that increases as the vessel moves faster. The transmission rate is fixed at every 30 seconds when the vessel is moving with regular Class B protocol. It is therefore ideal for ocean sailors requiring the best possible performance and future proof satellite tracking applications, fast power boats and smaller non-mandated commercial vessels.