Hayn Hi-MOD Swageless Compression Eye
See the Complete Catalog of Hayne Products - We will Special Order any item that we do not stock
Hayn Marine is proud to introduce the Hi-MOD compression fittings, the latest generation of mechanical fittings available in the US Market. Engineered to improve on existing mechanical fittings, the unique design of the Hi-Mod fitting achieves this goal. The Hi-MOD fittings are co-manufactured by Hayn Marine and Petersen Stainless in the UK. They are unique in a number of ways.
- With the Hi-MOD mechanical fittings,
- Easy assembly,
- Increased fatigue resistance, and
- The improved design is making these the most talked about mechanical fitting on the market today
- Cone is longer than comparable fittings currently available
- Longer cone spreads the load over a longer portion of the wire
- Increased compressive forces inside the fitting
- Increased the number of slots on the cones to allow for a more even transfer of the load throughout the wire
- Cone is also made from stainless steel, so it is not required to replace the cone upon inspection and/or re-use
- Fittings use an aluminum bronze crown thrust ring to assure even spacing of the wire around the cone. With the use of this crown thrust ring, we do not need to bend the wire around the top of the cone to achieve the proper seating depth of the cone in the body.
The combination of these features greatly increases the fitting's ability to handle fatigue, a critical component of any rigging part. Without bending the end of the wire, we are also able to greatly reduce the galling problem inherent in these fittings. We do not recommend the use of sealant in the fitting.
Wire Size Pin Size C L T 5/16" 9/16" 0.906 2.204 0.512
Click here for an installation demo.
Documentation available at the following links:
See the Hayn Catalog Here
Item #: 608954RGW516