Harken Carbo Racing Foil Kit
Units sizes 0 and 2 are the newest additions to Harken's growing family of low-friction Carbo racing Foils. Now available for boats from 22 feet (7 m) to over 50 feet (15 m), these strong, durable foils offer significant materials advances over the PVC commonly used in similar racing foils.
"By using modern engineering resins instead of commodity plastics, the Carbo materials in these Twin-grooved foils are stronger than PVC, and extremely lubricious. racing sailors love them—it is not a difficult decision to change over to Carbo."
Carbo racing Foils are built for punishment: a loaded spinnaker pole crashing into the foil, sheets running hard and fast against it. They also stand up to the cold weather that makes PVC foils vulnerable to impact. Two headsail grooves run the length of the foil for fast hoist's, douses and headsail changes The Black additive in the foil material provides no-fade UV protection and is easy to see against a light sky, while complements modern sailcloth colors.
Prefeeder and Feeder Features:
- Teflon®-impregnated aluminum rollers that spins freely on low-friction bushings for fast hoisting
- Prefeeder, feeder and trim cap are polished investment-cast 316 stainless steel for strength and durability
- To install, simply unroll and snap onto the stay with the mast up
- Maximum wire diameter: 1/4 inches (6 mm)
- Maximum rod diameter: -10 (6.35 mm)
- Extrusion length: 49 feet 2 inches (15 m)
- Maximum headstay length: 53 feet 2 inches (16.2 m)
- Spacer tube length: 3 feet 3 inches (1 m)
- Extrusion weight: .102 lb/feet (.152 kg/m)
- Full system weight: 5.02 lb ( kg)
- Luff tape size: #5-5/32 inches(4 mm)
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers include an additional handling fee which is included in your shipping rate
Note: DO NOT use Harken Equipment for Human suspension.