Harken Carbo Racing Foil Kit
It typically ships within 2 business days (more...)
Units sizes 0 and 2 are the newest additions to Harken's growing family of low-friction Carbo Racing Foils. Now available for boats from 22 ft (7 m) to over 50 ft (15 m), these strong, durable foils offer significant materials advances over the PVC commonly used in similar racing foils.
"By using modern engineering resins instead of commodity plastics, the Carbo materials in these twin-grooved foils are stronger than PVC, and extremely lubricious. Racing sailors love them—it is not a difficult decision to change over to Carbo."
Carbo Racing Foils are built for punishment: a loaded spinnaker pole crashing into the foil, sheets running hard and fast against it. They also stand up to the cold weather that makes PVC foils vulnerable to impact. Two headsail grooves run the length of the foil for fast hoist's, douses and headsail changes The black additive in the foil material provides no-fade UV protection and is easy to see against a light sky, while complementing modern sailcloth colors.
Prefeeder and Feeder Features:
- Teflon®-impregnated aluminum rollers that spin freely on low-friction bushings for fast hoisting
- Prefeeder, feeder and trim cap are polished investment-cast 316 stainless steel for strength and durability
- To install, simply unroll and snap onto the stay with the mast up.
- Max. wire dia.: 3/8" (10 mm)
- Max. rod dia.: -25 (10.31 mm)
- Extrusion length: 52 ft 6 in (16 m)
- Max. headstay length: 56 ft 6 in (17.2 m)
- Spacer tube length: 3 ft 3 in (1 m)
- Extrusion weight: .185 lb/ft (.275kg/m)
- Full system weight: 10.43 lb (4.73 kg)
- Luff tape size: #6-6/32 in (5 mm)
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers impose an extra handling fee of $12.00, that will be added to your shipping charges if it applies.
Note: DO NOT use Harken Equipment for Human suspension.