Separ SWK-2000/5/50D-G Single Fuel Filter / Water Separator Assembly
It typically ships within 2 business days (more...)
The Separ 2000/5/50D-G is a water separator and fuel filter designed to accommodate newer and more demanding diesel engines. The SEPAR 2000 series protects your engine from harmful impurities. SEPAR Filter Elements are "back-flushable" and can be re-used up to 5 times. SEPAR Stainless Steel Filter Elements are Washable; Reusable and Ideal for Fuel Polishing.
- Clear bowl
- Heat shield
- Includes 30 Micron Element
- USCG Approved
Functions of the Separ 2000 Separ Filter:
1. Fuel enters (A or B port) then the interior vane system gives circular motion to the fuel.
2. Fuel still in circular motion reaches the bowl section where water and heavier particles are forced to settle on the bottom of the bowl.
3. Here the fuel passes the second vane system changing rotation, which separates smaller size water droplets and finer particles.
4. Just below the filter element the fuel passage widens considerably, thus reducing its speed and allowing even more contaminants to fall down in the bowl by gravity.
5. The final filtration of the remaining contaminates is accomplished by the long life filter element. The clean fuel leaves the filter via ports C or D on either side of the filter
Benefits of Having a Separ Filter:
- Small physical size: 5-1/2”x3-5/8”x11-1/2”
- High flow rate
- Low Restriction
- Long life filter elements (reusable up to 5 times)
- More Economical
- Easier installation
- 5 stage filtration
- The SEPAR 2000 should be installed on the suction side of the fuel system, between the fuel feed tank and the engine mounted fuel priming pump.
- Install the filter in an accessible position to allow water and particulate removal and filter element change (a minimum of 4” is required for element change).
- The filter housing has two inlet and two outlet ports to give options on installation position.
- The ideal position for the filter is at the same height as the lift pump. However, if the top of the fuel tank is above this position a ”full flow” ball valve should be fitted before the filter, so that the fuel flow can be shut off to allow filter maintenance.
- In applications where the fuel level is below the filter it is still advisable to install a ”full flow” ball valve to prevent fuel draining back into the fuel tank.
- After filter installation on system without a positive head of fuel, remove the filter lid and fill with fuel to assist in priming the system.
- Avoid sharp 90-degree bends on the fuel system piping as these increase system pressure drop, as does any reduction in the internal diameter of fuel piping.
- Check that all fittings are tight and free from leaks.
What Separ is made of: The SEPAR 2000 brand of filters are manufactured from high quality non corroding aluminum alloy casting, heavy polycarbonate or metal bowls and stainless steel hardware. Single and Duplex systems are available from 80 GPH to 2060 GPH. The Duplex switch assemblies allow element replacement while the engine is running.
The separation and filtration process takes place according to a new, unique and patented concept, which is applied throughout all of the range. The SEPAR 2000 series is outstanding due its small physical size in relation to the effective flow rate. The SEPAR 2000 should be installed on the suction side of the fuel system, between the fuel feed tank and the engine mounted fuel lift pump. Fuel enters the filter through either port A or B, depending which is more convenient for installation, and using the plug provided to seal off the unused port.
Item #: 302115DSL008
Item #: 302103DSL008
Item #: 754104
Item #: 754105
Item #: 754106