Maxwell RC Series RC10-8 Vertical Windlass
- Maxwell RC10-8 Vertical Rope / Chain Windlass
- Dual direction solenoid pack
- Circuit breaker / isolator panel
- Up/down remote control panel
- Emergency crank / clutch release handle
- The Maxwell RC10-8 Vertical Rope / Chain Windlass is fully automatic windlass
- Designed to effortlessly retrieve and deploy 5/16" short link chain and 5/8" three strand or 8-plait rope.
- Dual direction, power up and down operation via helm station controls or foredeck foot switches (also refer available options).
- Sleek, low profile and "Max-Grip" capstan drum versions are available to suit individual user preference.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money and allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass.
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations.
- Full disassembly capability of top works utilizing handle provided, a screw driver and an allen key. No special tools required.
- The RC10 is manufactured from marine grade chromed bronze for long term durability.
- The heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with the unique rope/chain gypsy, is designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain, giving the RC10 an unparalleled level of performance.
- In combination with a longer, heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, the pressure arm always exerts maximum control pressure as it pivots on a trouble free brass bearing.
- The RC10 works just as effectively with all chain rodes for those who desire a low profile, elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck.
- The stripper assembly design is based on the proven Freedom and Liberty models ensuring years of trouble free use.
- Huge, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker.
- DC motor size: 1000 watt to meet the anchor rode hauling demands of every skipper. Motors are heavy duty, dual direction, isolated ground type, with durable class F insulation specifically designed for marine winches and are easily removed for routine servicing.
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring.
- Sealed oil bath and marine grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel
Important : Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
|Maximum Pull|| |
|Chain Speed|| |
79' / minute
|Rope Speed|| |
65' / minute
|Power Supply|| |
|Rope Size|| |
9/16" - 5/8"
|* All Acceptable Chain Types|| |
5/16" HT/BBB or 8mm Short Link Marine Chain**
|Standard Deck Clearance|| |
** The Maxwell Wave Design Chain Wheels used across the RC Series meet DIN 766, EN818, ISO4565, Grade L (AUS), ISO (G30 G43) and limited NACM standards
230mm, 9 1/8"
89mm, 3 1/2"
|B2 (with Capstan)|| |
168mm, 6 5/8"
170mm, 6 3/4"
272mm, 10 3/4"
410mm, 16 1/4"
|G (Std deck clearance)|| |
43mm, 1 3/4"
66mm, 2 5/8"
44mm, 1 3/4"
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 002736
Item #: 002936ASW6-8
Item #: 001747
Item #: 001743
Item #: 012354
Item #: 002937CST8--
Item #: 012224
Item #: 001800
Item #: 001801