Forte 16' - 28' Carbon Fiber Whisker Pole
These are built to order and have a typical 10 day lead time for completion.
THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP STANDARD GROUND.
It ships ONLY by Truck Freight.
Please call us at 800-628-8225 or E-mail for a valid shipping quote, since Truck Freight rates change regularly.
This item ships directly from the manufacturer.
Forte manufactures using a 4-axis continuous fiber braiding technology to produce a light and extremely strong part. Forte’s process yields a stronger and much more durable (impact resistant) part than a typical “rolled” or “laid-up” carbon fiber part because a braided part has continuous fiber strands and no seams to delaminate. Forte is also able to engineer the orientation of each strand of carbon to create strength and flexibility as necessary.
- Continuous fibers throughout the entire part
- No seams to delaminate
- Stronger and more durable than “laid-up” pre-preg
- Carbon purchased on spools in bulk
- Allows for carbon selection
- Optimize fiber architecture for strength characteristics based on the application
- 9 times stronger than aluminum
- 2 1/2 times stronger than fiberglass
- 30 times stronger than steel
- Approximately half of the weight of aluminum
- Requires less maintenance
- Will not react with the metal fittings, eliminating the corrosion and paint flaking that is common to an aluminum mast
- Superior in fatigue to aluminum, stainless steel, and titanium
- Over double the life expectancy of an aluminum mast.
What is Carbon Fiber and Why is it Better: Carbon fibers are high-strength, high-stiffness materials that are combined with an epoxy plastic (resin) to form an advanced composite material. Carbon fiber was made popular through military defense and aerospace applications because of its high strength, high stiffness, and low density (light weight).
Strength and Durability: Carbon fiber braiding technology was originally developed for military applications that required light weight and “super durability.” For example, military helicopter rotor blades are built using this technology and remain intact if shot with bullets. Forte’s braided carbon fiber spars and spinnaker poles use continuous carbon fiber strands throughout the pole. This eliminates any seams and junctions that have a tendency to delaminate on a “laid-up” or “rolled” carbon fiber piece. Forte’s carbon fiber spars and spinnaker poles can stand up to accidental mishaps, the worst weather conditions, and the toughest competitive sailing conditions.
Value: Most other manufacturers use woven sheets of carbon fiber which must be hand laid and rolled resulting in a very labor intensive and costly process. Forte’s computer controlled manufacturing process strategically places each carbon fiber strand efficiently and automatically. As a result, our process is much more efficient, allowing us to produce a very high quality product at a relatively low cost. In some cases, a Forte carbon fiber spar is the same price as a comparable aluminum spar. Given the durability, low maintenance and higher life expectancy, a carbon fiber spar is a great investment for your boat.
Warranty: Forte guarantees our masts against any manufactures defects in workmanship or materials for life !
- Boats to 55 feet
- Pole Diameters: 4.0 ” ID, 3.0” ID
- Pole Length: Adjustable 16' - 28'
- Included End Fittings: UTS Inboard / UTR Outboard