This product ships ground only
- The ACR GlobalFix™ PRO Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB) includes a 16-channel internal GPS to quickly acquire and relay your position to a worldwide network of search and rescue satellites
- Broadcasts a unique registered distress signal that tells rescuers where and who you are
- As local search and rescue is deployed, a separate homing signal and integrated LED strobe light guide rescuers to your exact location
- Small but rugged and ergonomically designed unit performs a full-functioned self-test of GlobalFix PRO internal circuitry, battery voltage and GPS acquisition
- Built-in energy efficient bright LED strobe
- Automatic Category I Sea Shelter bracket is fully enclosed and built for long service life
- 5-year limited warranty
- If you use the ACR EPIRB or PLB in an Emergency Situation ACR will replace it free of charge
- If you use your ACR or ARTEX 406 MHz EPIRB, ELT or PLB (Personal Locator Beacon) in a lifesaving emergency that results in your life being saved by search and rescue personnel, ACR/ARTEX will replace your beacon with a new beacon of equal or greater value (hereinafter, the "Program") subject to the terms and conditions described below
- Made in U.S.A.
- ACR Model No. RLB-37 / Part No. 2842
- Deployment: Category I Automatic (hydrostatic release)
- Activation: Out of bracket and wet, or manual
- Radiated Power: 6.3 W ±2 dB (406 MHz transmit signal) / 50 mW ±3 dB (121.5 MHz homing capability)
- Typical Transmit Duration: 48+ hrs. (typical performance is 65+ hrs.)
- GPS Position Accuracy: 110 yd. (100 m)
- Power: Non-hazmat lithium batteries
- Battery Replacement: (6) years from date of manufacture, (5) years after beacon is activated, or after emergency use
- Material: High-impact UV-resistant polymer
- Color: ACR-treuse™ (high-visibility yellow)
- Waterproof: 33 ft. @ 10 min.
- Dimensions: 4.2" x 7" x 3.6"
- Weight: 20.5 oz. (with lanyard)
Note: This product is programed for registration with the U.S. Search & Rescue System.
Please call our Contact Center or email Customer Service for additional information.