The C.S. Johnson 14-205 Hyfield Type Quick Release Lever has a number of very practical features that have been developed after extensive testing on both high performance multihulls and monohulls. The fitting is rugged and has a breaking strength of 2500 lbs. This is an essential piece of hardware on Catamaran shrouds to allow the crew to right the boat after a capsize, without it, another boat or extraordinary effort is required.
- A positive stop prevents jamming fingers between fitting and wire when thrown open under load
- The large surface area of the push pad makes it easier to close lever under load
- Lever take-up is 2 1/8" to an over-center position and comes with a quick release pin for positive locking
- An essential piece of hardware on catamaran shrouds to allow the crew to right the boat after a capsize
- Trailerable boats up to 26 feet find that a lever on the forestay greatly facilitates stepping and unstepping the mast
- Wire Diameter: Up to 1/8"
- Pin Diameter: 1/4"
- Pin to Pin: 7-3/8" Min to 8-3/8" Max (1/2" Increments)
- Safe Working Load: 1000 lbs
- Number of Extender Holes: (3)
- Throw: 2-1/4"