Dutchman Boom Brake for 28-45' Boat
Note: This item will ship when available.
Dutchman's Boom Brake allows the boom to be controlled easily from the cockpit and helps prevent accidental jibes or dissipate the shock load should a jibe occur.
- Beautifully made, clean design that is easy to adjust
- Line that runs through the brake is secured on deck to a point at or close to the aft lower chainplates (line is sold separately)
- For use with rigid or soft vangs which have (2) attachment points on the boom
- To install, you will need (a) cordage (sold separately) to run through the brake (b) a turning block (sold separately) at or near the chainplates and (c) a way to tension the line at the cockpit such as a spare winch or a block and tackle (sold separately)
- Vang style: Rigid
- Boat length: 28-45 Feet
- Maximum mainsail area: 500 Sq. Ft.
- Safe working load: 2,700 lbs.
Note: Specifications are for conventional, moderate displacement monohulls, and provide a rough indication of which Brake to use. Heavy displacement or offshore-intended sailboats should move up to the next larger Brake if near the maximum sail area
Item #: 608934NSH250
Item #: 608934WSH250
Item #: 608934WSH500