Furuno Navnet Black Box Digital Fishfinder Sounder Module
Furuno's DFF3 is a new network sounder featuring FDF ( Furuno Digital Filter ) signal processing technology. The DFF3 is designed for use with NavNet, NavNet vx2, NavNet 3D, and NavNet TZTouch. This new digital Network Sounder can turn any NavNet display into a powerful, dual-frequency digital fish finder. The compact network sounder unit connects directly to a NavNet display or an Ethernet hub with a single Ethernet cable. If it is connected to an Ethernet hub that has multiple displays attached, each of those displays will have access to the Network Sounder.
You may choose any two operating frequencies from 28 to 200kHz with FFS ( Furuno Free Synthesis ) technology. With the powerful DFF3, you can obtain detailed echoes of bottom structure and fish using range scales of up to 3,000 meters (nearly 10,000 feet). And because the Network Sounder is used on a NavNet display, you will also be able to use its Radar and Chart Plotter features depending on which unit you have. The DFF3 is a direct replacement for the BBFF3 network sounder.
- Power Output: 1 kW, 2kW or 3kW
- Range: 3600 feet
- Frequency: Selectable
- Display: Supplied separately
- 12 / 24 Volt DC
- 30 Watts
- Used with NavNet 3D Color LCD Displays
- Works with NavNet1, NavNet vx2, NavNet 3D, and NavNet TZTouch with no software update required
- Utilizes FDF (Furuno Digital Filter) signal processing technology
- 1, 2 or 3 kW Optional Output Power set by internal jumper
- Dual Frequency, Select two from 28, 38, 50, 88 or 200 kHz
- Furuno Free Synthesizer (FFS) Transceiver allows easy selection of operating frequency
- 8 Range Scales to 3,600 feet
- Maximum Range Offset of 3,600 feet
- Audible/Visual Alarms for Bottom, Fish or Water Temp. Changes *
- A-Scope Feature for Rapid Detection & ID of Fish and Bottom Conditions
- Selectable Screen Colors, Including White on color displays only
- A Variety of User Friendly Display modes:
1. Display Both High and Low Frequencies
2. Display Either High or Low Frequency
3. Marker Zoom or Bottom Zoom Display
4. Bottom Lock Display with Fish Alarm
- A Variety of User Friendly Display modes:
- Automatic Depth Range & Gain Settings
- Range Scale Calibration in Feet, Fathoms or Meters
- Variable Range Marker & Target Simulator Built-in
- Seven Settings of Picture Advance Speed & Minute Markers
- Ethernet 10Base-T Network Protocol
- Six Levels of Signal Rejection Level & Noise Limiter
- Compatible with Airmar transducer ID technology
- Heaving compensation with use of the SC-30/50/110
- Variable Transmission Rate for different depth ranges allows for more detailed observation of bottom
- Dedicated 6-pin temperature sensor port available
- WAGO connection for ease of installation
- 2 Year Warranty
Included in the Box:
- DFF3 1, 2 or 3 KW Network Sounder
- 2 000-155-853 Fuses FGBO 5A
- 4 000-162-608 M5 x 20 Tapping Screws
- 000-167-176 Network Cable 5M
- 000-157-939 Power Cable Assy
- OME-203-70Z Operator's Manual
The positive customer feedback and success Furuno had with the DFF1 Digital Network Fish Finder, which was recently honored with the NMEA's 2008 "Best Fish Finder" award, has paved the way for its powerful "big brother", the DFF3. The DFF3 plugs directly into any NavNet unit, or into any NavNet network through an Ethernet hub.
This high-powered network Fish Finder allows fisherman to select 1, 2 or 3kW power output. You can choose any two frequencies between 28 and 200 kHz, allowing selection a different frequency and output power to suit nearly any special transducer configuration. With the powerful DFF3, users can obtain detailed echoes of bottom structure and fish using range scales of up to 3,000 meters (nearly 10,000 feet)!
In addition to the full complement of features found throughout Furuno's expansive line of Fish Finders, the DFF3 is also equipped with the Furuno Free Synthesizer (FFS) Transceiver, a two-channel configuration that provides multi-frequency selection. So instead of having fixed frequencies, the transceivers can be adjusted on the fly directly from the display menu. This allows you to fine tune the DFF3 into the transducer for the best resolution. The DFF3 also features an external 6-pin connection for simplified installation of speed and temp sensors.
Paired together, Furuno's NavNet 3D and DFF3 offer an advanced AFM (Auto Fishing Mode) and ACM (Auto Cruising Mode) that lets the FDF technology adapt to the current fishing or cruising environment. In these modes, FDF will adjust the gain, STC and output power, as well as suppressing main bang (the echoes or clutter just below the transducer). It also makes the picture clearer and easier to decipher between baitfish and larger target species. The FDF filter optimizes the gain to suit the search range. For example, when searching in deep water, the pulse length is made wider and the reception band is made narrower, allowing for better and clearer detection at the deeper range. This is perfect for finding bottom fish because the digital filter separates the noise from the actual seabed structure, allowing you to see the target fish close to the seabed.
If customer's have a Furuno satellite compass connected to a NavNet network, the DFF3 can also utilize the heaving compensation information. So, even in rough sea conditions, it will compensate for heaving and present the display without undulations caused by sea conditions.
While a software update is not mandatory, this service is highly recommend for all NavNet displays when installing a new DFF3 to an existing NavNet network.
Item #: 257477
Item #: 257121
Item #: 257122