Harken MKIV Unit 2 Jib Reefing and Furling System (7412.10)
Shipping weight reflects calculated Dimensional Weight and is not actual product weight -see here for details.
The Harken MKIV Unit 2 Jib Reefing and Furling System is a strong, lightweight and aerodynamic furling systems designed for racing and performance-minded cruising sailors. Its free-rolling furlers ensure headsail control by allowing racers and cruisers to quickly furl and reef from the safety of the cockpit while maintaining optimal sail shape and speed.
- Longevity, ease of use, and simplicity of installation are crucial design components
- Easy to assemble
- Units are adaptable to a variety of rigging options
- C-shaped open connectors with low-friction plastic isolators slip easily onto headstay wire and into foil
- Harken toggle assembly accepts standard turnbuckle using swage, rod, Norseman® or Sta-Lok® terminals
- Toggle flips for fork or tang chainplates installation
- Single stainless steel clevis pin provides access to turnbuckle for adjustment
- Easy reefing and furling
- Head and tack swivels featuring Torlon® ball bearings operate independently to improve the shape of a partially furled sail for added power through the water
- Strong but lightweight halyard swivel reduces windage and weight aloft to minimize pitching and heeling
- Stacked bearing races evenly distribute loads to ball bearings foils turn freely under halyard loads
- Tough triple-lock foil joints withstand years of torque loading
- More furling power
- Large inner spool diameter increases mechanical advantage for powerful reefing and furling
- Unit rotates around headstay furling bearings do not carry headstay load
- Line guard and spool easily removed for racing
- Double foil grooves allow fast hoists, douses and sail changes
- Long-lasting protective finish
- Aluminum line guard, torque tube and swivels are deep-saturation hard coat-anodized for UV stabilization, strength and durability
- Hard coat-anodized line guard is urethane-coated for additional corrosion protection
- Specially formulated low-stretch black line (standard on MKIV units 0, 1 and 2) is abrasion and UV-resistant
- 7-year limited warranty
Note: Toggle assembly required but not included - must be ordered separately
- Typical boat length: 35' - 46'
- Headstay length: 60' 4" standard / 67' 4" max.
- Headstay diameter:
- Wire: 1/4", 5/16", 3/8"
- Rod: -12, -17, -22
- Clevis pin diameter: 5/8", 3/4"
Additional Handling Note:
Most carriers include an additional handling fee which is included in your shipping rate
Note: DO NOT use Harken Equipment for Human suspension.
Schaefer Clamp-On Stanchion Furling Lead Block
Item #: 602721
Schaefer Clamp-On Furling Lead Block Kit
Item #: 602727
Schaefer Twin Sheet Lead Block On T-Track Slider (32-77)
Item #: 602772