Isotherm Plus 3751 "SP" Water Cooled Refrigeration Component System
Add Item to Cart to See Sale Price
The Water Cooled, Self Pumping (SP**) ITC* Model 3751 Refrigeration System can cool as a refrigerator or as a freezer. The maximum freezer capacity is 1.8 Cubic Feet and the maximum refrigerator capacity is 5.3 cubic feet. Unit must be set up for refrigeration or freezing--not both.This model is cooled directly by the surrounding water because it includes a Self-Pumping, Sea Water Pump that eliminates the fan and electric pump for quiet operation and offers very low power consumption.
Even on the hottest day the water-cooled Isotherm SP operates consistently at an extremely high level of efficiency. Without fans or pumps to remove the heat generated by the compressor, the SP system consumes much less battery power and is remarkably quiet.
* Isotherm ITC Systems are designed for installations in existing cool boxes and mainly for use in sailing yachts where battery power is at a premium.
The Isotherm PLUS with ITC control module allows the user to set the temperature they want. With a simple push of the up or down keys, the digital temperature setting in Celsius or Fahrenheit will read out on the display panel.
For further details see Product Data Sheet
Isotherm PLUS is replacing the ASU control module with the Intelligent Temperature Control (ITC) in combination with the Isotherm Holding Plate:
- Same eutectic holding plate sizes
- Same patented SP thru-hull water cooled design
- Now capable of freezing temperatures
- Same dependable SeCOP (Danfoss) compressors backed by the exclusive Isotherm 5-year limited warranty
- More control over energy savings
- Digital temperature readout in Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Digital temperature control
- Compressor speed control
- Battery protection control
The stainless-steel holding plate can be fitted at any suitable angel high up in the box before being connected to the compressor unit by the three meter long six mm diameter flexible copper piping fitted with quick-couplings. The compressor unit is small enough to be fitted in a stowage within connecting distance from the holding plate. Extremely quiet when running, it can even be fitted under a bunk if needed. After connecting the leads to the battery, the pre-filled system is ready to go.
Sea Water Cooled (SP) Features:
- Sea Water-Cooled / Self Pumping
- Patented SP System eliminates the fan and electric pump for quiet operation and very low power consumption.
- 12/24 Volt DC Danfoss Compressor
- Easy installation with pre-charged system, "Click-on" bracket and quick connect lines
- Isotherm Eutectic 3751 ITC - SP Water Cooled Refrigeration / Freezer Unit
- Size: Medium holding plate
- Capacity: 5.3 cu.ft.. fridge or 1.8 cu. ft. freezer
- Unit must be set up for refrigeration or freezing. Not both at the same time
- Includes ITC Digital Controller
- Dimensions holding plate: 12" x 8" x 2.4"
- Dimensions evaporator inches 14" x 11" x 2.38"
- Dimensions compressor L x W x H inches 8.25" x 5.31" x 6.13"
- Danfoss Compressor Model BD50F Temp Range Fridge
- Optional Universal kit AC/DC available for a complete power supply compatibility: (12/24 Volt, 230/115 Volt and 50/60 Hz) (Optional Power Kit Sold Separately)
** Sea Water-Cooled / Self Pumping: The Isotherm SP unit is a totally new system that is cooled directly by the surrounding water. This means that refrigeration efficiency is completely independent of the air temperature inside the boat. Even on the hottest days of summer - just when a refrigerator is needed most - the sea water cooled Isotherm SP operates consistently at an extremely high level of efficiency insensitive to high ambient temperatures. It also consumes much less battery power as no fans or pumps are required to dissipate the heat generated by the refrigeration compressor.
Self Pumping Features:
- Sea water cooling for even higher efficiency
- Heat removed by water means cooler boat
- This means that warm water is continuously pumped out and cold water in, movement which also prevents fouling.
- Lower power consumption.
- Silent - no fans or pumps
- No extra holes required in hull and nothing protrudes.
- Simple to fit
- The included through-hull fitting is of salt-water resistant brass and the full-flow coil heat exchanger is of copper-nickel alloy
- Replaces the through-hull fitting for galley sink
- The one meter long pipe connecting it to the compressor and the 3 meter one from the cold-holding plate are both prefilled and fitted with quick-fit connectors.
- A zinc anode comes with the kit
Although heat always rises if left to the laws of nature, the Isotherm SP unit leads the heat downwards and out through the boat's hull by utilizing the natural pumping action inside the hull fitting for the galley sink drain hose. As this hose is not restricted by pumps or non-return valves, the flow inside is completely free. Each movement of the water surrounding the boat reproduces a similar change of the water level inside the hose resulting in the pumping of a similar quantity of water in and out through the hull fitting.
By designing a special hull fitting containing a non-restricting, full-flow spiral heat exchanger for cooling the heated refrigeration agent, an extremely efficient cooling system is created.
As the hull fitting is always situated some distance from the boat's center of gravity, even the smallest movement of the hull or mast of a sailing boat is sufficient to create a pumping action even in the calmest of waters.
Isotherm has a 5-year limited warranty on all compressors. All other parts are covered by a two-year limited warranty with one-year warranty on labor.
Item #: 402829
List Price: From $204.00 To $260.00
MAP Price: From $163.00 To $208.00
Model #: Multiple Sizes Available