Maretron DCR100 Direct Current Relay Module
The Maretron DCR100 Direct Current Relay Module contains (6) Direct Current (DC) relays, each capable of switching up to 10 Amps. It connects directly to an NMEA 2000® network, so you can turn on and off the relays from a Maretron DSM250 display or any device onboard or remotely running Maretron's N2KView® Platinum software.
- Maretron's DCR100 contains (6) Direct Current (DC) relays, each capable of switching up to 10 Amps
- (6) Relays for On / Off Control Over NMEA 2000® Network
- The DCR100 connects directly to an NMEA 2000® network, so you can turn on and off the relays from a Maretron DSM250 display or any device onboard or remotely running Maretron's N2KView® Platinum software
- The DCR100 easily handles resistive DC loads like lights, or inductive DC loads like pumps and motors.
- NMEA 2000® Interface
- The Maretron DCR100 is designed to operate within the harsh demands of the marine environment
- Waterproof Connectors
- Sealed Waterproof Enclosure
- Opto-Isolated from NMEA 2000® Eliminating Potential Ground Loops
- Each Relay Capable of Carrying Up to 10 Amps
- Individual Relay Electrical Current Monitoring
- An added benefit of the DCR100 is that it reports the current through each of the six channels
- This allows you to determine if loads are drawing too little electrical current such as burnt out bulbs, or if the loads are starting to draw too much electrical current.
- Automatic Relay Over Current Shutdown (Shuts Down at ≈ 12 Amps)
- Automatic Relay Thermal Shutdown (Over Temperature Protection)
- The power "Px" terminals must always be connected to the circuit-breaker protected power source
- Either 12 Volt DC or 24 Volt DC
- The load "Lx" terminals must always be connected to the power terminal on the load
- The other terminal of the load must be connected to vessel ground
- * The DCR100 can also be used to switch AC circuits using external relays
The DCR100 provides the ability to turn on or off DC power to a load circuit using 6 independent, isolated solid state relays. The DCR100 is a solid state relay, not a circuit protection device. Each channel contains protection against overcurrent, over temperature, and short circuit. These protections are intended to protect the DCR100, and not the load or the associated wires. Each power source supplying power to a device which is controlled by the DCR100 must be individually protected by a circuit breaker. The circuit breaker must be sized appropriately for the size of the wire from the circuit breaker to the DCR100 and from the DCR100 to the load device. In addition, the circuit breaker must be no larger than 10A.
Each channel of the DCR100 may be manually switched on or off using any of the following methods:
- Maretron's N2KView® Platinum software running on a personal computer,
- Maretron's N2KView® Platinum software running on a Maretron MBB100 Black Box for Vessel Monitoring and Control,
- Maretron's N2KView® Platinum software running on a Maretron DSM800 Vessel Monitoring and Control Indoor Display, or a Maretron DSM250 NMEA 2000® Multi-function Color Graphic Display.
The switches can be monitored and/or controlled through use of the Breaker/Switch component in the Electrical Distribution category of the Maretron display products listed above. In addition, the current through each channel may be monitored through the Breaker/Switch Current component in the Electrical Distribution category of Maretron display products.