Maxwell RC Series RC10-8 Vertical Rope / Chain Windlass - Deck Clearance 4"
- Maxwell RC10-8 Vertical Rope / Chain Windlass
- Dual direction solenoid pack
- Circuit breaker / isolator panel
- Up/down remote control panel
- Emergency crank / clutch release handle
- The Maxwell RC10-8 Vertical Rope / Chain Windlass is a fully automatic windlass series
- Deploy and retrieve 5/16" short link chain and 5/8" three strand or 8-plait rope
- Dual direction: Power up and down via helm station controls or foredeck foot switches (also refer to available options)
- Low profile and "Max-Grip" capstan drum versions are available
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money
- Allows easy retrofitting without disassembly of the windlass
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness and the multiple mounting positions
- Self-aligning gearbox ensures optimal location of gearbox and motor in virtually all installation situations
- Sealed oil bath and marine grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provides high efficiency output drive via precision worm and wormwheel
- Manufactured for long term durability
- Marine grade chromed bronze
- Heavy duty stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with the unique rope/chain gypsy, is designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain
- Longer, heavy duty, large wire diameter, stainless steel pre-loaded spring, combined with the pressure arm, always exerts maximum control pressure as it pivots on a trouble free brass bearing
- The stripper assembly design is based on the proven Freedom and Liberty windlasses
- Huge through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope/chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- The RC10 works effectively with "all-chain" rodes and with "rope/chain" rodes
- DC motor: 1000 watts / Heavy duty
- Dual direction
- Isolated ground type
- Durable class F insulation specifically designed for marine winches
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, "free fall" anchoring
- No special tools required - Full disassembly capability of top works utilizing handle provided, a screw driver and an allen key
Important : Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Maximum Pull 1540 lbs
- Chain Speed 79' / minute
- Rope Speed 65' / minute
- Power Supply 12 volt
- Motor 1000 watts
- Rope Size 5/8"
- All Acceptable Chain Types 5/16" HT/BBB or 8mm Short Link Marine Chain
- The Maxwell Wave Design Chain Wheels used across the RC Series meet DIN 766, EN818, ISO4565, Grade L (AUS), ISO (G30 G43) and limited NACM standards
- Standard deck clearance 4"
- Model RC10 (8 mm)
- A = 230 mm (9-1/8")
- B1 = 89 mm (3-1/2")
- B2 = (with Capstan) 168 mm (6-5/8"
- C = 170 mm (6- 3/4"
- D = 251 mm, (10"
- E = 272 mm (10-3/4"
- F = 410 mm (16-1/4"
- G = (Std deck clearance) 100 mm, (4")
- H = 43 mm (1-3/4"
- I = 66 mm (2- 5/8"
- J = 44 mm (1-3/4"
Documentation available at the following links:
Item #: 002936ASW6-8
Item #: 001747
Item #: 001743