Maxwell RC10-10 48V Rope & Chain Windlass 1200W w/ Capstan
Multiple Models Available
The Maxwell RC10-10 windlass with capstan, is a fully automatic rope / chain windlass for 48v house bank batteries; providing superior retrieval and deployment of 10mm (3/8 inch) G4 & BBB chain and 16mm (5/8 inch) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope.
- Simple two piece installation saves time and money, allowing easy retrofitting without disassembly
- Designed to accommodate a wide range of chain pitch differences; 10mm (3/8 inch) G4 & BBB chain and 16mm (5/8 inch) three strand or 8-brait (plait) rope
- Maxwell's powerful 1200W motor, perfect application for larger boats
- Unique spacer tube design allows installation through virtually any deck thickness
- Operates from 48v house bank batteries, an option which will provide space and cost savings for the boating community
- Multiple mounting positions and self aligning gearbox, ensure optimal location of gearbox and motor throughout installation situations
- Revolutionary and patented, new Wave Design chainwheel
- Manufactured from marine-grade 316 stainless steel and chromed bronze for long-term durability
- Stainless steel pressure arm, coupled with unique rope/chain gypsy; designed to effectively grasp the splice between rope and chain
- Large wire diameter, heavy-duty, stainless steel pre-loaded spring
- Complete with fluted stainless steel capstan drum to maximize pulling force
- Large, through deck hawse pipe throat ensures easy entry of the rope / chain rode into and out of the anchor locker
- Works effectively with all chain rodes for those who desire a low profile and elegantly styled windlass on their foredeck
- Cone type clutch/brake mechanism permits manual, Free Fall anchoring
- Sealed oil bath and marine-grade hard anodized, alloy gearbox provides maximum output via a precision worm and worm wheel
- Full disassembly capability of the topworks, utilizing only the handle provided and an Allen key
*Note: Maxwell windlasses must be used in conjunction with a chain stopper or snubbing device to take the load off the windlass while laying at anchor. The chainstopper and alternative snubbing system should also be used to secure the anchor in the fully raised position while under way.
- Maximum pull: 1,870 lbs. (850kg.)
- Static hold: 3,300 lbs. (1,500kg.)
- Chain: Chainwheel accepts both BBB & G4 3/8" chain
- Rope size (3 strand or 8 plait): 5/8"
- Chain speed (normal working load): 79 ft./min
- Rope speed (Normal working load): 65 ft./min
- Solenoid pack: 12 or 24 Volt DC
- Motor power: 1200W
- Motor voltage: 48 Volt DC
- Net weight: 44 lbs.
- A: 9-1/8"
- B1: 3-1/2"
- B2 (with Capstan): 6-5/8"
- C: 6-3/4"
- D (Standard deck clearance): 10"
- D (Extra deck clearance): 11-7/8"
- E: 10-3/4"
- F: 16-3/4"
- G (Standard deck clearance): 4"
- G (Extra deck clearance): 6"
- H: 1-3/4"
- I: 2-5/8"
- J: 1-3/4"