Sales of all Closeout items are final.
This product ships ground only
Pettit's Underwater Metal Primer is a two component, self-etching wash primer for use only on bare metals including steel, stainless steel, cast iron, copper, bronze, galvanized steel, lead, and aluminum.
- Forms an excellent adhesive bond to metal hulls, keels, centerboards and other underwater running gear
- Two component, self etching wash primer for use on bare metals
- For use above and below the waterline
- Can be overcoated with epoxy primer, tie-coat primer, topside enamels, or antifouling paint
- Vehicle type: Polyvinyl Butyral
- Finish: Flat
- Colors: Semi-transparent greenish brown
- Components: 2
- Curing mechanism: Air dry/Reaction with metal surface
- Solids (Theoretical):
- By weight...19.5 +/- 2%
- By volume...10.0 +/- 2%
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft/gal.
- VOC: 698 g/l (5.82 lbs/gal)
- Flash point: 65° F (SETA)
- Application method: Brush or roller. When applying by roller use a short nap (3/16 inch maximum) roller cover
- Number of coats: One only. Do not apply a second coat of 6455 Metal Primer over the first as poor adhesion may result
- Dry film thickness per coat: .3 to .5 mils
- Application temperature: 50° F. Min. / 90° F. Max.
- Application humidity: 0% R.H. Min. / 80% R.H. Max.
- Dry time:
- 80-90° F - 15 Minutes to Touch, 1 Hour to Topcoat
- 65-80° F - 30 Minutes to Touch, 2 Hour to Topcoat
- 50-65° F - 1 Hour to Touch, 4 Hour to Topcoat
Pettit A-788 Splash Zone Epoxy Repair Compound - 1/2 Gallon
Item #: 755833