Sales of all Closeout items are final.
PROFURL EC and NEC Furlers make sail handling safer, quicker and easier. The rolled sail can be easily stored. With the simple connections the same furler can be used for a variety of sails to suit weather conditions. Quick attachment means the same furling system can be used for a variety of sails.
- Once the sail is furled it can be easily handled and stored
- Less weight aloft : no extrusions dramatically reducing system weight
- All components are certified and tested to ensure total reliability.
- Maintenance free : both the drum and swivel mechanisms are sealed, and are protected by aeronautical quality anodizing.
- Economical : one furler can be used to deploy a variety of sails
- Profurl's EC and NEC furling systems are designed to be used with removable sails. For example light genoas or reachers, storm sails, staysails and fisherman sails
- The sail is rolled around its specially designed luff
The PROFURL advantages:
The PROFURL EC and NEC furling-systems comprises of two mechanical components: The swivel (E) to which the head of the sail is attached. The drum mechanism (T) which is attached to the deck or bow fitting, either directly or via a pennant. Once the sail and halyard are attached to the swivel the sail is hoisted normally, using a winch to gain the required tension if necessary.
A single sheave block can be used to create a 2 : 1 halyard, thus reducing luff sag. The sail can now be easily unfurled, by pulling the sail's sheet. Furling the sail is just a matter of easing the sheet and pulling the furling line. The complete assembly can be lowered by simply releasing the halyard.
NOTE: Furling line must be threaded through furler prior to splicing