Schaefer Jiffy Reefing Lead Car With Block And Dead End-Bail
Schaefer is currently shut down and we are not expecting any shipments from Schaefer until at least the end of April. Items which are not in stock at Defender may experience an extended lead time until they re-open.
The Schaefer Jiffy Reef Slider with aluminum cheek block and dead-end bail is used with 1" T-Track to quickly and easily reduce sail area in heavy-air conditions.
Jiffy Reefing lines pull the aft reef grommet tight to the boom. A separate reef line is attached to the forward reef grommet to pull the sail tight and flat to the gooseneck. Once the reef is set the halyard is tightened and you are on your way. It is also possible to create a single line system using Schaefer's unique block selection.
- Block leads the line forward along the boom to a spar mounted cleat (not included)
- Captive polyethylene liners reduce friction between the track and slider for smooth adjustment
- Spring pin stop for easy adjustment
- Welded dead-end bail
- T-Track Size: 1" (25mm) x 1/8" (3mm)
- Typical Boat Size: Up to 30' (9.1m)
- Overall Dimensions: 3" (76mm) L x 2-7/16" (62mm) W x 31/32" (25mm) H
- Bail Width: 5/8" (16mm)
- Bail Height: 1-1/16" (27mm)
- Safe Working Load: 1750lbs. (795kg)